Menomonee Falls — Appreciation for service was the theme at a recent Menomonee Falls School Board meeting as the board honored retirees and current staff alike.
The board on May 20 recognized six district retirees with a combined 120 years of service in education, including a variety of specialties.
"The number of children Sue has helped learn to read is unbelievable," said Menomonee Falls High School Associate Principal Mike Harris, of Reading Recovery teacher Sue Boquist. Boquist is retiring after 30 years in education, the last 15 of which were in Menomonee Falls.
"I can't say enough about Anne," said North Middle School Associate Principal Scott Marty, of North Middle School special education aide Ann Lindemann, who is retiring after 16 years. "She is kind, dedicated, caring, and definitely makes a difference every day she's (been at) North."
Also recognized were Charlie Roskopf, Diann Donnel, Luciann Ullrich and Linda Braier.
"You don't replace people like Linda, Lucy and Sue," Marty said. "Linda told me her goal was always to make students feel good about themselves. I know she's accomplished that time and time again."
Sponsored by the Menomonee Falls Scholarship and Educational Foundation, Braier was also among six staff members from various departments who were recognized with the district's first-ever employee of the year awards.
The employees were nominated by peers, students, colleagues and leadership team members based on criteria such as quality of service, teamwork, and commitment to improvement, explained Superintendent Pat Greco.
"Children of the district have benefited from the full team of committed people focused on service," Greco said. "Our students, our departments and our system are (all) stronger because of these individuals."
In addition to Braier, other recipients of the employee of the year awards included Anne Bartos, Sara Burling, Adam Mosio, Jason Husslein and Tara Tess.
Charlie Roskopf: 16 years, North Middle School custodian
Diann Donnel: 14 years, food service
Luciann Ullrich: 23 years, Ben Franklin Elementary kindergarten teacher
Linda Braier: 37 years, district elementary literacy coach
Ann Lindemann: 16 years, North Middle School special education aide
Sue Boquist: 30 years, reading specialist
Employees of the year:
Linda Braier: 23 years, district elementary literacy coach
Anne Bartos: 7 years, Ben Franklin Elementary educational assistant
Sara Burling: 13 years, High School business teacher/FBLA advisor
Jason Husslein: 19 years, recreation supervisor
Adam Mosio: 11 years, maintenance technician
Tara Tess: 14 years, North Middle School library media specialist
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County to hold public information meeting for work on Lilly Road in Menomonee Falls
- The "voice" of Menomonee Falls sports Jerry Mislang arrested, facing criminal charges (1)
- What residents in Southeast Wisconsin need to know to prevent the spread of Zika virus
- New Director of Business Services for the School District of Menomonee Falls settling into new role
- School District of Menomonee Falls faces $1.1 million budget deficit in 2016-17
- Man guilty of sexually assaulting Menomonee Falls teenager forced into relationship with him
- Things To Do: Feb. 11, 2016
- Patio Players bring out the laughs in female 'Odd Couple'
- UPDATE: Nine crashes, 25 damaged vehicles reported in Feb. 9 crash on Highway 41 in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016