G3 to relocate to Kronenwetter
Menomonee Falls business to consolidate operations under one roof
Menomonee Falls — After eight years in Menomonee Falls, G3 Industries will close its doors this November.
Located at N92 W15966 Megal Drive, the operations currently housed in the facility will be moved to the corporate offices in Kronenwetter, Wisconsin, starting in August. There it will join the majority of its other operations in manufacturing and specialization in custom precision machining.
The move will affect about 40 positions, according to Sales and Marketing Manager Joel Herring, who said severance packages and job search assistance will also be available for those who do not make the move.
"We have some great people here, and our hope is that many of them join us as part of the move," said President and Owner Jim Frings. Frings commutes frequently between the two locations, a drive he said takes about two and a half hours. He said the decision was not an easy one but explained the goal is ultimately to consolidate operations.
"Right now we have a lot of duplication in management positions," he said. "This is just the right thing to do for our company moving forward."
G3, which produces parts for clients such as Harley-Davidson and John Deere, expanded in 2006 after acquiring Roband Corporation, which previously operated out of the Menomonee Falls location.
Though Herring said the Menomonee Falls location has worked well for the company, part of the decision to consolidate is due to ownership of the Kronenwetter building as opposed to the leased property here in the village.
"We are in a record growth mode, so part of that value is in being centrally located so we can continue to posture ourselves for reinvestment and continued growth," said Herring, who works out of the Kronenwetter location. "We are not needing to expand our facilities at this time, but those plans are in the future."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MMSD expansion prepares area near CMH in Menomonee Falls for future residential development
- Sussex man receives national award for cleaning house, building relationships
- Menomonee Falls opts not to offer new Chapter 220 seats, fewer open enrollment seats in 2015-16
- Menomonee Falls district doesn't change stance on use of Common Core
- Man pleads not guilty to sexually assaulting a Menomonee Falls teenager
- Menomonee Falls Ponzi schemer strikes plea deal
- Ask Now: Too much goose use of Fox Brook Park?
- Kindergarten enrollment night set for Feb. 4
- Two suspects charged with passing fake $100 bills at Menomonee Falls Target
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Jan. 29, 2015