G3 to relocate to Kronenwetter
Menomonee Falls business to consolidate operations under one roof
Menomonee Falls — After eight years in Menomonee Falls, G3 Industries will close its doors this November.
Located at N92 W15966 Megal Drive, the operations currently housed in the facility will be moved to the corporate offices in Kronenwetter, Wisconsin, starting in August. There it will join the majority of its other operations in manufacturing and specialization in custom precision machining.
The move will affect about 40 positions, according to Sales and Marketing Manager Joel Herring, who said severance packages and job search assistance will also be available for those who do not make the move.
"We have some great people here, and our hope is that many of them join us as part of the move," said President and Owner Jim Frings. Frings commutes frequently between the two locations, a drive he said takes about two and a half hours. He said the decision was not an easy one but explained the goal is ultimately to consolidate operations.
"Right now we have a lot of duplication in management positions," he said. "This is just the right thing to do for our company moving forward."
G3, which produces parts for clients such as Harley-Davidson and John Deere, expanded in 2006 after acquiring Roband Corporation, which previously operated out of the Menomonee Falls location.
Though Herring said the Menomonee Falls location has worked well for the company, part of the decision to consolidate is due to ownership of the Kronenwetter building as opposed to the leased property here in the village.
"We are in a record growth mode, so part of that value is in being centrally located so we can continue to posture ourselves for reinvestment and continued growth," said Herring, who works out of the Kronenwetter location. "We are not needing to expand our facilities at this time, but those plans are in the future."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The "voice" of Menomonee Falls sports Jerry Mislang arrested, facing criminal charges
- What residents in Southeast Wisconsin need to know to prevent the spread of Zika virus
- New Director of Business Services for the School District of Menomonee Falls settling into new role
- School District of Menomonee Falls faces $1.1 million budget deficit in 2016-17
- Man guilty of sexually assaulting Menomonee Falls teenager forced into relationship with him
- Things To Do: Feb. 11, 2016
- Patio Players bring out the laughs in female 'Odd Couple'
- UPDATE: Nine crashes, 25 damaged vehicles reported in Feb. 9 crash on Highway 41 in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- School District of Menomonee Falls could lose administrative staff member Gary Kiltz to Greendale