Menomonee Falls — If home is where the heart is, Kohl's Corporation has recently taken steps to affirm Menomonee Falls is its home.
Though the company last November announced it would not be constructing a new headquarters in the Woodland Prime development on the east side of the village, they are keeping their promise to stay in the area.
Shortly after Ultra Tool and Manufacturing, Inc. presented its plans to move to Germantown, Kohl's has for $4.1 million purchased its two buildings that neighbor their current headquarters in the Silver Spring Corporate Park.
The properties, located at W168 N5900 and W169 N5954 Ridgewood Drive, are adjacent to the existing headquarters building.
"These buildings will house operational functions in the short term, and will allow for potential expansion space in the future," said Kohl's public relations specialist Julia Fennelly.
This follows previous acquisitions of the building formerly known as Creekwood Crossing that was previously owned by ProHealth Care that has since been renovated into a wellness center, as well as the former 300,000-square-foot InnoWare warehouse, which is being renovating into an information technology office.
Plans have yet to be submitted to the village for these projects, said Director of Community Development Matt Carran, as well as for the six vacant acres that also neighbor the headquarters.
- Corey Golla to replace Gary Kiltz as Curriculum and Learning Director in Menomonee Falls schools
- Menomonee Falls Police Report, May 5, 2016
- The Falls Guy, May 5, 2016: Cruisin' down memory lane (1)
- Cozzini Bros. to move into Falls Commerce Center
- Getting to know Menomonee Falls Little League President Donald Patten
- Work on Pilgrim Road to begin in Menomonee Falls, will be temporary
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- My Fair Lady takes to the stage in Falls Patio Players production
- Menomonee Falls' A Better Me wellness spa takes unique approach to relaxation
- The Falls Guy, April 21, 2016: Their field of dreams is ready to open