Menomonee Falls — Five people were arrested for disorderly conduct after an argument over a lost cellphone turned into a brawl in the lobby of a Menomonee Falls movie theater at about midnight July 19.
The incident started when an 18-year-old man dropped his cellphone in one of the theaters at Marcus Cinema, W180 N9393 Premier Lane, while watching the movie "The Purge," and he and his 17-year-old female friend accused four people sitting behind them of stealing the phone, according to the police report.
The four people behind them — a 16-year-old female, a 16-year-old male, a 13-year-old male and a 17-year-old male — denied taking the phone or knowing what happened to it, and they left the theater after a brief argument.
The 18-year-old and his female friend followed the group into the lobby, demanding they turn over the stolen phone, when a fight broke out between the two females in front of the snack bar.
According to the assistant manager, while the two females were throwing punches and pulling hair, three of the males started fighting. The fight moved into the dining area where the suspects knocked over tables and chairs, broke one table off its base and caused a table to crash into the wall, leaving behind a large gouge and scratch marks on the wall.
After questioning, police cited all five suspects for disorderly conduct. They are also responsible for restitution for the broken table and damages to the theater.
The 13-year-old was not involved in the fight and was not cited.
During the investigation, an officer found the lost cellphone inside the theater and returned it to the 18-year-old man.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls Village Board President candidates say they each would bring different experience to the role
- Menomonee Falls approves preliminary layoff notices, letter to legislators on proposed state budget
- Temporary burn ban lifted for Waukesha County, Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 26, 2015
- Menomonee Falls family heads up local shoe drive for Dondo Amor
- Proposed bill would allow Germantown school district to start prior to Sept. 1
- Proposed bill would allow Falls school district to start prior to Sept. 1
- Falls school board to review, approve layoff notices
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 19, 2015
- Falls-based Bradley Corporation recieves nod for wellness efforts