Waukesha - A 41-year-old West Allis man has been charged with sexual assault, accused of indecently touching a 14-year-old girl in 2002.
The victim, now 21, did not tell her parents or police about the alleged assault until this January when she saw the man at a funeral, became upset and told her mother, "that's the creep," according to a criminal complaint.
Douglas A. Zahn is charged with two counts of sexual assault of a child under 16 and causing a child to view sexual activity.
The complaint says that the girl was indecently touched twice while Zahn gave her a ride home in Menomonee Falls in September 2002.
Zahn has denied the allegations, the criminal complaint states.
According to the complaint, Zahn is a hunter's safety instructor and he, the girl and her father were among a group of people who went to a restaurant after a class. The girl's father had to leave the restaurant early and Zahn agreed to drive the girl home, the complaint says.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown resident is the change she wants to see in the world
- Highway 41 crash victim identified
- Menomonee Avenue project delayed until August
- Menomonee Falls wedding destination celebrates renovation
- Country Meadows Elementary School Principal Gary Goelz promoted to assistant superintendent of the M
- Menomonee Falls children's book author promotes early emotional learning
- Menomonee Falls hospital celebrates 50 years
- Wauwatosa man dies in fatal Falls crash
- Menomonee Falls police urge residents to lock vehicles
- Three injured in Menomonee Falls accident expected to make full recoveries