A proposed 76-unit condominium development will move forward after the Village Board unanimously approved the rezoning of three parcels in the southwest portion of Menomonee Falls.
After a public hearing April 20, the board rezoned 135 acres at the northwest corner of One Mile and Lisbon roads from A-1 agricultural district to planned residential district at the request of Fiduciary Real Estate Development.
Jerome Werner, who lives on One Mile Road, expressed concern about the increased traffic that would be generated by the development.
"Right now the development (plan) only has one entrance and exit, and that is right by my property," Werner said. "That seems to be a lot of traffic coming from just one location."
Trustees agreed another exit would be taken into consideration when plans are presented for approval.
Village President Rick Rechlicz said measures could be taken to control the intersection of One Mile and Lisbon roads.
Trustee Mike McDonald reassured the homeowners that PRD zoning gives the village the most control over a development.
"(PRD zoning) acts as a conditional permit in a residential setting," McDonald said. "If and when this does go through, it provides a framework for which the developer must meet every set of criteria."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police report: October 30, 2014
- Why Menomonee Falls and Germantown might be starting to bounce back post-recession
- Taxes to go down for Falls school district residents
- Car salesman allegedly stole dealership vehicle, crashed it while drunk
- Republican Party of Waukesha County calling for election observers
- Wisconsin farmers host Southeast Asia grain and feed buyers
- Menomonee Falls author donates book proceeds to Wounded Warriors
- U.S. Department of Labor fines local company more than $130,000 for violations, endangering employee
- Menomonee Falls Radisson Hotel is officially under new ownership
- Menomonee Falls Police report: October 23, 2014