A proposed 76-unit condominium development will move forward after the Village Board unanimously approved the rezoning of three parcels in the southwest portion of Menomonee Falls.
After a public hearing April 20, the board rezoned 135 acres at the northwest corner of One Mile and Lisbon roads from A-1 agricultural district to planned residential district at the request of Fiduciary Real Estate Development.
Jerome Werner, who lives on One Mile Road, expressed concern about the increased traffic that would be generated by the development.
"Right now the development (plan) only has one entrance and exit, and that is right by my property," Werner said. "That seems to be a lot of traffic coming from just one location."
Trustees agreed another exit would be taken into consideration when plans are presented for approval.
Village President Rick Rechlicz said measures could be taken to control the intersection of One Mile and Lisbon roads.
Trustee Mike McDonald reassured the homeowners that PRD zoning gives the village the most control over a development.
"(PRD zoning) acts as a conditional permit in a residential setting," McDonald said. "If and when this does go through, it provides a framework for which the developer must meet every set of criteria."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man pleads not guilty to sexually assaulting a Menomonee Falls teenager
- Menomonee Falls Ponzi schemer strikes plea deal
- Ask Now: Too much goose use of Fox Brook Park?
- Kindergarten enrollment night set for Feb. 4
- Two suspects charged with passing fake $100 bills at Menomonee Falls Target
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Jan. 29, 2015
- Menomonee Falls district continues discussion on facilities options
- Two-day Menomonee Falls event to feature chili crawl, ice carving
- CMH accepting scholarship applications from Menomonee Falls-area students
- Costco earns approval from Menomonee Falls village officials