Bids for the Trenary Field bleacher renovation project could come in about $60,000 under budget.
Richard Blum, representative for The Architectural Workshop, presented plans for the project to the Menomonee Falls Village Board on Monday.
Trenary Field is located in Riverside Park, at the northeast of the corner of Pilgrim Road and Menomonee River Parkway.
Plans include improvements to the bathrooms, construction of a concrete pathway around the building, an Americans with Disabilities Act-accessible landing and moving the concession stand inside the building.
Assistant Village Manager and Director of Public Works Arlyn Johnson said $500,000 had been budgeted for the project to be completed later this year.
However, Blum said he expects competitive bids, possibly around $440,000.
The bids could be presented to the board for approval later this month. Construction is expected in August.
Johnson said he hopes the projects spur local groups to begin fundraising efforts for amenities like lighting, dugouts and a public address system.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What to expect on the Nov. 4 ballot
- Learning is sweet for students when Stacy Leuty is in the classroom
- Menomonee Falls Police report: October 30, 2014
- Why Menomonee Falls and Germantown might be starting to bounce back post-recession
- Taxes to go down for Falls school district residents
- Car salesman allegedly stole dealership vehicle, crashed it while drunk
- Republican Party of Waukesha County calling for election observers
- Wisconsin farmers host Southeast Asia grain and feed buyers
- Menomonee Falls author donates book proceeds to Wounded Warriors
- U.S. Department of Labor fines local company more than $130,000 for violations, endangering employee