Bids for the Trenary Field bleacher renovation project could come in about $60,000 under budget.
Richard Blum, representative for The Architectural Workshop, presented plans for the project to the Menomonee Falls Village Board on Monday.
Trenary Field is located in Riverside Park, at the northeast of the corner of Pilgrim Road and Menomonee River Parkway.
Plans include improvements to the bathrooms, construction of a concrete pathway around the building, an Americans with Disabilities Act-accessible landing and moving the concession stand inside the building.
Assistant Village Manager and Director of Public Works Arlyn Johnson said $500,000 had been budgeted for the project to be completed later this year.
However, Blum said he expects competitive bids, possibly around $440,000.
The bids could be presented to the board for approval later this month. Construction is expected in August.
Johnson said he hopes the projects spur local groups to begin fundraising efforts for amenities like lighting, dugouts and a public address system.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wheeling for Healing bike ride scheduled for Aug. 8 supports the Cancer Care Center
- Tornado Brewing opens location in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Comedian has eyes on a brighter future
- Menomonee Falls has a sweet way to remove hair
- Menomonee Falls water report now available online
- The Community league hosts their first ever garden tour in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls approves outdoor dining parameters
- Village of Menomonee Falls to meet Tuesday night to select new trustee
- Change from Tazinos to Pizza Crafters finalized in Menomonee Falls (1)