Bids for the Trenary Field bleacher renovation project could come in about $60,000 under budget.
Richard Blum, representative for The Architectural Workshop, presented plans for the project to the Menomonee Falls Village Board on Monday.
Trenary Field is located in Riverside Park, at the northeast of the corner of Pilgrim Road and Menomonee River Parkway.
Plans include improvements to the bathrooms, construction of a concrete pathway around the building, an Americans with Disabilities Act-accessible landing and moving the concession stand inside the building.
Assistant Village Manager and Director of Public Works Arlyn Johnson said $500,000 had been budgeted for the project to be completed later this year.
However, Blum said he expects competitive bids, possibly around $440,000.
The bids could be presented to the board for approval later this month. Construction is expected in August.
Johnson said he hopes the projects spur local groups to begin fundraising efforts for amenities like lighting, dugouts and a public address system.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls candidates talk about TIFs, responsibility and more
- Police Report: March 10
- Men charged in theft of baby formula from Target stores
- Woman arrested for stealing kitchenwares to pawn
- Miller to speak on the role of parents in sports at Falls High School
- News & Notes: March 4
- Menomonee Falls Village Board agrees to pay into trust funds as part of Radisson settlement
- Menomonee Falls ranked as one of the safest communities in U.S.
- Menomonee Falls police seek baby formula thieves