Bids for the Trenary Field bleacher renovation project could come in about $60,000 under budget.
Richard Blum, representative for The Architectural Workshop, presented plans for the project to the Menomonee Falls Village Board on Monday.
Trenary Field is located in Riverside Park, at the northeast of the corner of Pilgrim Road and Menomonee River Parkway.
Plans include improvements to the bathrooms, construction of a concrete pathway around the building, an Americans with Disabilities Act-accessible landing and moving the concession stand inside the building.
Assistant Village Manager and Director of Public Works Arlyn Johnson said $500,000 had been budgeted for the project to be completed later this year.
However, Blum said he expects competitive bids, possibly around $440,000.
The bids could be presented to the board for approval later this month. Construction is expected in August.
Johnson said he hopes the projects spur local groups to begin fundraising efforts for amenities like lighting, dugouts and a public address system.
- Farmers markets springing to life in Sussex, Butler, Menomonee Falls
- Old Falls Village Days set for June 4-5
- Street festival to mark Memorial Day in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- The 'wurst' idea for the best summer
- Load your basket with these picnic tips
- Something for all us to scream about: Ice cream tips for a hot, hot summer
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Menomonee Falls North Middle School seventh-grader to compete at National Spelling Bee
- Overnight closure of Highway 45 at I-41/US 45 split