Bids for the Trenary Field bleacher renovation project could come in about $60,000 under budget.
Richard Blum, representative for The Architectural Workshop, presented plans for the project to the Menomonee Falls Village Board on Monday.
Trenary Field is located in Riverside Park, at the northeast of the corner of Pilgrim Road and Menomonee River Parkway.
Plans include improvements to the bathrooms, construction of a concrete pathway around the building, an Americans with Disabilities Act-accessible landing and moving the concession stand inside the building.
Assistant Village Manager and Director of Public Works Arlyn Johnson said $500,000 had been budgeted for the project to be completed later this year.
However, Blum said he expects competitive bids, possibly around $440,000.
The bids could be presented to the board for approval later this month. Construction is expected in August.
Johnson said he hopes the projects spur local groups to begin fundraising efforts for amenities like lighting, dugouts and a public address system.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new math requirements
- Muskego's Park Arthur West development on hold
- Germantown senior receives honor at Washington County Fair
- Sam's Club to move to Milwaukee, Menomonee Falls border
- Menomonee Falls School District faces $670,000 deficit
- Three men in custody after burglary, two-vehicle crash
- Three injured after police chase ends in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Report: July 31, 2014
- Sam's Club approved for Highway 145
- Officials hope new Menomonee Falls mural will spark more of the same