The Big Pig Gig will return this fall after a one-year hiatus.
The Menomonee Falls Community Chamber is bringing back the event, which features barbecue, music and other entertainment.
The event debuted in 2007 with the Kansas City Barbecue Society's barbecue cookoff competition and returned in 2008. However, chamber officials took a year off to evaluate and beef up the event.
"The first years of the event were well attended, and we learned a lot," chamber President Sal Zizzo said in a news release. "People really enjoyed the spirit of the festival, and wanted to see it return."
The two-day event will be held Sept. 17 and 18.
In past years the chamber received Department of Tourism grants for the event. The chamber is eligible for a $20,000 grant for this year's event.
- FBI raids Menomonee Falls home
- Menomonee Falls' Thomas Jefferson Middle School hosts one last hurrah before demolition
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: June 30, 2016 (3)
- Menomonee Falls Challengers put heart back into the ball game
- Falls Guy, June 30: A new member of the team
- Menomonee Falls to hold forum on East Main Street redevelopment
- Police continue search for suspect in indecent exposure incident in Menomonee Falls
- Tri-County YMCA plans improvements to Menomonee Falls facility, family programming
- Local woman to show off beautiful blooms in Garden Tour
- A (Cherry) Pit stop for Menomonee Falls recording studio