The Big Pig Gig will return this fall after a one-year hiatus.
The Menomonee Falls Community Chamber is bringing back the event, which features barbecue, music and other entertainment.
The event debuted in 2007 with the Kansas City Barbecue Society's barbecue cookoff competition and returned in 2008. However, chamber officials took a year off to evaluate and beef up the event.
"The first years of the event were well attended, and we learned a lot," chamber President Sal Zizzo said in a news release. "People really enjoyed the spirit of the festival, and wanted to see it return."
The two-day event will be held Sept. 17 and 18.
In past years the chamber received Department of Tourism grants for the event. The chamber is eligible for a $20,000 grant for this year's event.
- Sports Authority out, other tenants to open soon within Whitestone Station in Menomonee Falls (2)
- Shorewest's Menomonee Falls Office breaks sales record
- Corey Golla to replace Gary Kiltz as Curriculum and Learning Director in Menomonee Falls schools
- Menomonee Falls Police Report, May 5, 2016
- The Falls Guy, May 5, 2016: Cruisin' down memory lane (1)
- Cozzini Bros. to move into Falls Commerce Center
- Getting to know Menomonee Falls Little League President Donald Patten
- Work on Pilgrim Road to begin in Menomonee Falls, will be temporary
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- My Fair Lady takes to the stage in Falls Patio Players production