The Big Pig Gig will return this fall after a one-year hiatus.
The Menomonee Falls Community Chamber is bringing back the event, which features barbecue, music and other entertainment.
The event debuted in 2007 with the Kansas City Barbecue Society's barbecue cookoff competition and returned in 2008. However, chamber officials took a year off to evaluate and beef up the event.
"The first years of the event were well attended, and we learned a lot," chamber President Sal Zizzo said in a news release. "People really enjoyed the spirit of the festival, and wanted to see it return."
The two-day event will be held Sept. 17 and 18.
In past years the chamber received Department of Tourism grants for the event. The chamber is eligible for a $20,000 grant for this year's event.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Avenue project delayed until August
- Menomonee Falls wedding destination celebrates renovation
- Country Meadows Elementary School Principal Gary Goelz promoted to assistant superintendent of the M
- Menomonee Falls children's book author promotes early emotional learning
- Menomonee Falls hospital celebrates 50 years
- Wauwatosa man dies in fatal Falls crash
- Menomonee Falls police urge residents to lock vehicles
- Three injured in Menomonee Falls accident expected to make full recoveries
- Menomonee Falls Police Report: July 10, 2014
- Kohl's buys within Menomonee Falls, expands locally