The Big Pig Gig will return this fall after a one-year hiatus.
The Menomonee Falls Community Chamber is bringing back the event, which features barbecue, music and other entertainment.
The event debuted in 2007 with the Kansas City Barbecue Society's barbecue cookoff competition and returned in 2008. However, chamber officials took a year off to evaluate and beef up the event.
"The first years of the event were well attended, and we learned a lot," chamber President Sal Zizzo said in a news release. "People really enjoyed the spirit of the festival, and wanted to see it return."
The two-day event will be held Sept. 17 and 18.
In past years the chamber received Department of Tourism grants for the event. The chamber is eligible for a $20,000 grant for this year's event.
- Farmers markets springing to life in Sussex, Butler, Menomonee Falls
- Old Falls Village Days set for June 4-5
- Street festival to mark Memorial Day in Menomonee Falls (1)
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- The 'wurst' idea for the best summer
- Load your basket with these picnic tips
- Something for all us to scream about: Ice cream tips for a hot, hot summer
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Menomonee Falls North Middle School seventh-grader to compete at National Spelling Bee
- Overnight closure of Highway 45 at I-41/US 45 split