Metz Performance, an auto repair and body shop, will not open at N11618 Fond du Lac Ave.
The Germantown Village Board on Monday denied a permit for Bryan Metzenheim, who was planning to relocate his repair shop for high-end performance race cars.
He plans to look into an appeals process, Metzenheim said after the meeting. His shop is currently located in Menomonee Falls.
His plan was to occupy about 3,600 square feet of the commercial building that houses bar and restaurant Ivee's at Main in Germantown. The shop area is used for storage by the owner Miletti Motorsports and set up for an auto repair operation, Village Planner/Zoning Administrator Jeffrey Retzlaff said.
Metz Performance would not provide typical repair services for regular vehicles. The proposal did not require any outside storage and the volume of work was expected to be low. The plan was to operate the shop from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, and 8 a.m. to noon on Saturdays.
Although the Plan Commission had recommended approval, Village Board members said the business didn't fit with the entertainment district envisioned for the area, and responded to complaints from neighbors, including Ivee's representatives, who opposed the plan.
- Menomonee Falls Police Report, May 5, 2016
- The Falls Guy, May 5, 2016: Cruisin' down memory lane (1)
- Cozzini Bros. to move into Falls Commerce Center
- Getting to know Menomonee Falls Little League President Donald Patten
- Work on Pilgrim Road to begin in Menomonee Falls, will be temporary
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- My Fair Lady takes to the stage in Falls Patio Players production
- Menomonee Falls' A Better Me wellness spa takes unique approach to relaxation
- The Falls Guy, April 21, 2016: Their field of dreams is ready to open
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 21, 2016