Metz Performance, an auto repair and body shop, will not open at N11618 Fond du Lac Ave.
The Germantown Village Board on Monday denied a permit for Bryan Metzenheim, who was planning to relocate his repair shop for high-end performance race cars.
He plans to look into an appeals process, Metzenheim said after the meeting. His shop is currently located in Menomonee Falls.
His plan was to occupy about 3,600 square feet of the commercial building that houses bar and restaurant Ivee's at Main in Germantown. The shop area is used for storage by the owner Miletti Motorsports and set up for an auto repair operation, Village Planner/Zoning Administrator Jeffrey Retzlaff said.
Metz Performance would not provide typical repair services for regular vehicles. The proposal did not require any outside storage and the volume of work was expected to be low. The plan was to operate the shop from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, and 8 a.m. to noon on Saturdays.
Although the Plan Commission had recommended approval, Village Board members said the business didn't fit with the entertainment district envisioned for the area, and responded to complaints from neighbors, including Ivee's representatives, who opposed the plan.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls breathing clinic offers revolutionary dry salt treatments
- Old Falls Village Days set for weekend of May 30-31
- Bank of Memories and Flowers owner Melissa Maas wins award from Floral Association
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 21, 2015
- Menomonee Falls WWII veteran Lester Tews looks forward to Honor Flight
- First Bank Financial Centre of Menomonee Falls gives back to community
- Permit pulled, plans progress for demolition, reconstruction of North Hills Plaza
- Road construction season affects more than Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 14, 2015
- Brandtjen's May listening session to be held in the Falls on May 17