Metz Performance, an auto repair and body shop, will not open at N11618 Fond du Lac Ave.
The Germantown Village Board on Monday denied a permit for Bryan Metzenheim, who was planning to relocate his repair shop for high-end performance race cars.
He plans to look into an appeals process, Metzenheim said after the meeting. His shop is currently located in Menomonee Falls.
His plan was to occupy about 3,600 square feet of the commercial building that houses bar and restaurant Ivee's at Main in Germantown. The shop area is used for storage by the owner Miletti Motorsports and set up for an auto repair operation, Village Planner/Zoning Administrator Jeffrey Retzlaff said.
Metz Performance would not provide typical repair services for regular vehicles. The proposal did not require any outside storage and the volume of work was expected to be low. The plan was to operate the shop from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, and 8 a.m. to noon on Saturdays.
Although the Plan Commission had recommended approval, Village Board members said the business didn't fit with the entertainment district envisioned for the area, and responded to complaints from neighbors, including Ivee's representatives, who opposed the plan.
- Menomonee Falls Girl Scout aids in Central America's conservation efforts
- Two suspects apprehended in Menomonee Falls armed robbery (3)
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Major phase in Menomonee Falls' White Stone Station completed
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- The Falls Guy, July 28, 2016: A trip down memory lane
- Falls woman dreams of starting her own dessert bus
- Menomonee Falls man pleads guilty to homicide after killing bicyclist
- Wanakia Wildlife gives a bird's-eye view to Menomonee Falls Nature Camp kids
- Taste of Germantown event to raise funds for pavilion