Metz Performance, an auto repair and body shop, will not open at N11618 Fond du Lac Ave.
The Germantown Village Board on Monday denied a permit for Bryan Metzenheim, who was planning to relocate his repair shop for high-end performance race cars.
He plans to look into an appeals process, Metzenheim said after the meeting. His shop is currently located in Menomonee Falls.
His plan was to occupy about 3,600 square feet of the commercial building that houses bar and restaurant Ivee's at Main in Germantown. The shop area is used for storage by the owner Miletti Motorsports and set up for an auto repair operation, Village Planner/Zoning Administrator Jeffrey Retzlaff said.
Metz Performance would not provide typical repair services for regular vehicles. The proposal did not require any outside storage and the volume of work was expected to be low. The plan was to operate the shop from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, and 8 a.m. to noon on Saturdays.
Although the Plan Commission had recommended approval, Village Board members said the business didn't fit with the entertainment district envisioned for the area, and responded to complaints from neighbors, including Ivee's representatives, who opposed the plan.
- Local woman to show off beautiful blooms in Garden Tour
- A (Cherry) Pit stop for Menomonee Falls recording studio
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Yellow bricks at Thomas Jefferson found to contain lead paint (2)
- Menomonee Falls man accused of inappropriately touching woman with dementia
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: June 16, 2016
- Vitale to take over as principal at Menomonee Falls High School
- Vitale named principal at Menomonee Falls High School
- Menomonee Falls students receive $66K in scholarships
- Menomonee Falls Public Library holds 'Food for Fines Week'