Germantown — A 48-year-old Germantown man was arrested after he allegedly pointed a gun at a group of young children on July 2.
Police responded to the N114 W15900 block of West Sylvan Circle at about 8:53 p.m. after a caller reported an older man pointed a handgun at a group of children and was yelling at them to leave his truck alone.
The caller stated she reported the incident after her son came home crying and told her a man had just pointed a gun and him and some of his friends.
When questioned by police, the suspect admitted yelling at several children he believed were "messing" with his truck. The suspect was unarmed when he was taken into custody and denied having a handgun or pointing it at the children.
Due to the testimony of multiple witnesses, the man was arrested for endangering safety by use of a dangerous weapon and disorderly conduct. Police are still investigating the incident and no charges have been filed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fall leaf pickup slated to begin mid-October in the Falls
- Chipotle in Menomonee Falls to open next month, employees needed (2)
- Falls Guy, Oct. 8, 2015: Train-ing mission
- Tri-County Y nears first anniversary under Greater Waukesha umbrella
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Oct. 8, 2015
- Juvenile suspect apprehended by citizen after stealing vodka at Menomonee Falls Piggly Wiggly
- Reminder: responses needed to Falls School District Community Survey today, Oct. 5
- Robin's Nest to host Vera Bradley Ambassador Joan Bradley Reedy
- Menomonee Falls to consider allowing outdoor seating at Tornado Brewery
- Former professional fighter puts burglar in choke hold, keeps him knocked out until police arrive (1)