Menomonee Falls — Menomonee Falls Police and Fire Department rescue workers responded to a residence in the N85 W17200 block of Appleton Avenue after receiving a report of a woman with a stab wound at 10:40 a.m. July 12.
The woman stated she was walking her dog at the Richfield Nature Park in Washington County when she was confronted by an unknown male subject brandishing a knife.
The woman struggled with the subject to gain control of the knife and sustained several stab wounds on her hand during the incident. She was able to escape and drive to a residence on Appleton Avenue address where police were called.
A Menomonee Falls Fire Department ambulance transported the victim to Community Memorial Hospital, where she received treatment for several lacerations to her right hand.
A man was arrested for the attack and was taken into custody in Washington County, where the case is being investigated.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Teachers using technology to aid special needs learning
- News & Notes: Dec. 10
- Menomonee Falls paves way for career paths
- Here's what seats are up for grabs in Falls, Germantown
- Butler man arrested for threatening former employer
- Police Report: Dec. 9
- One dead in rash of Sunday morning crashes in Menomonee Falls
- Stakeholders host public information meeting to discuss future of Germantown golf course land
- Falls police investigating armed bank robbery
- Overnight fire damages Menomonee Falls home