Menomonee Falls — A Milwaukee woman is facing two felony charges after she attacked an employee with a screwdriver when he attempted to detain her and two other women for shoplifting at a Menomonee Falls grocery store on Feb. 23.
According to the police report:
A 59-year-old security officer/employee at Woodman's Food Market, N8145 Highway 145, was attempting to detain three women for shoplifting three carts full of unpaid merchandise, valued at more than $900, when police were called at 1:35 p.m.
According to the security officer, one of the suspects, a 47-year-old woman, attempted to stab him with a screwdriver while he was trying to detain her for police. The employee was able to wrestle the screwdriver away from the woman and avoid injury before the woman fled the scene.
Police quickly located the screwdriver-wielding suspect and two other suspects, a 39-year-old woman and a 37-year-old woman, running out of the parking lot and they were all taken into custody.
The 47-year-old woman was charged with attempted robbery and shoplifting, both felony charges. If convicted for robbery, she is facing a penalty of up to $100,000 and/or up to 40 years in prison. She is scheduled to make her first court appearance on March 6.
The two other suspects were charged with felony shoplifting and are scheduled to appear in court on March 11.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What to expect on a Menomonee Falls ballot
- Menomonee Falls Police report: April 2, 2015
- Menomonee Falls parents charged with child neglect after son reports sharing food with dogs (1)
- Falls Village Board President candidates say they each would bring different experience to the role
- Menomonee Falls district approves preliminary layoff notices, letter to legislators
- Temporary burn ban lifted for Waukesha County, Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 26, 2015
- Menomonee Falls family heads up local shoe drive for Dondo Amor
- Proposed bill would allow Germantown school district to start before Sept. 1
- Proposed bill would allow Menomonee Falls school district to start before Sept. 1