Germantown - An observant employee at L.T. Hampel helped police catch three thieves at a neighboring business between 11:15 p.m. and Oct. 1 and 4 a.m. Oct. 2.
According to Germantown police:
An employee at L.T. Hampel called police to report he heard the sound of glass breaking shortly after a suspicious vehicle drove into the parking lot at Systems Inc., W194 N11481 McCormick Drive, at 11:15 p.m. Oct. 1. The business is located just south of L.T. Hampel and was closed for the evening.
Officers arrived on the scene and arrested a 56-year-old man and a 46-year-old man for theft from a vehicle.
The same employee called police again at 4 a.m. Oct. 2 to report another suspicious vehicle in the parking lot behind Systems Inc. The caller stated the vehicle, a silver minivan, left the parking lot after a short amount of time and turned eastbound onto Edison Drive.
Germantown police located the vehicle and arrested the driver, a 48-year-old man, for theft of scrap metal.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County to hold public information meeting for work on Lilly Road in Menomonee Falls
- The "voice" of Menomonee Falls sports Jerry Mislang arrested, facing criminal charges (1)
- What residents in Southeast Wisconsin need to know to prevent the spread of Zika virus
- New Director of Business Services for the School District of Menomonee Falls settling into new role
- School District of Menomonee Falls faces $1.1 million budget deficit in 2016-17
- Man guilty of sexually assaulting Menomonee Falls teenager forced into relationship with him
- Things To Do: Feb. 11, 2016
- Patio Players bring out the laughs in female 'Odd Couple'
- UPDATE: Nine crashes, 25 damaged vehicles reported in Feb. 9 crash on Highway 41 in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016