Germantown - An observant employee at L.T. Hampel helped police catch three thieves at a neighboring business between 11:15 p.m. and Oct. 1 and 4 a.m. Oct. 2.
According to Germantown police:
An employee at L.T. Hampel called police to report he heard the sound of glass breaking shortly after a suspicious vehicle drove into the parking lot at Systems Inc., W194 N11481 McCormick Drive, at 11:15 p.m. Oct. 1. The business is located just south of L.T. Hampel and was closed for the evening.
Officers arrived on the scene and arrested a 56-year-old man and a 46-year-old man for theft from a vehicle.
The same employee called police again at 4 a.m. Oct. 2 to report another suspicious vehicle in the parking lot behind Systems Inc. The caller stated the vehicle, a silver minivan, left the parking lot after a short amount of time and turned eastbound onto Edison Drive.
Germantown police located the vehicle and arrested the driver, a 48-year-old man, for theft of scrap metal.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls breathing clinic offers revolutionary dry salt treatments
- Old Falls Village Days set for weekend of May 30-31
- Bank of Memories and Flowers owner Melissa Maas wins award from Floral Association
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 21, 2015
- Menomonee Falls WWII veteran Lester Tews looks forward to Honor Flight
- First Bank Financial Centre of Menomonee Falls gives back to community
- Permit pulled, plans progress for demolition, reconstruction of North Hills Plaza
- Road construction season affects more than Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 14, 2015
- Brandtjen's May listening session to be held in the Falls on May 17