Germantown - An observant employee at L.T. Hampel helped police catch three thieves at a neighboring business between 11:15 p.m. and Oct. 1 and 4 a.m. Oct. 2.
According to Germantown police:
An employee at L.T. Hampel called police to report he heard the sound of glass breaking shortly after a suspicious vehicle drove into the parking lot at Systems Inc., W194 N11481 McCormick Drive, at 11:15 p.m. Oct. 1. The business is located just south of L.T. Hampel and was closed for the evening.
Officers arrived on the scene and arrested a 56-year-old man and a 46-year-old man for theft from a vehicle.
The same employee called police again at 4 a.m. Oct. 2 to report another suspicious vehicle in the parking lot behind Systems Inc. The caller stated the vehicle, a silver minivan, left the parking lot after a short amount of time and turned eastbound onto Edison Drive.
Germantown police located the vehicle and arrested the driver, a 48-year-old man, for theft of scrap metal.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls School District happy with ACT Results
- Falls on the Riverwalk seeks to replace former Associated Bank building with apartments (8)
- Menomonee Falls School District names new communications director
- Chicago duo face nine counts of credit card fraud after CVS purchases
- News & Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Former professional fighter takes Menomonee Falls-based business to next level
- Menomonee Falls world language department uses application, receives regional attention
- Menomonee Falls, Germantown among best places to live
- Menomonee Falls Business receives WIA People's Choice award