Menomonee Falls — The Menomonee Falls Plan Commission on Tuesday considered a proposal from Aquinas Academy to construct a new, free standing building to accommodate its growing study body.
Aquinas Academy, W15935 Good Hope Road, teaches students in kindergarten through eighth grade. The proposed 29,785-square-foot facility would be located approximately 50 feet to the south of the existing 14,760-square-foot building, according to village documents. The school is hoping the Plan Commission and Village Board will grant an amendment to its conditional-use permit to allow for the expansion.
The proposed building would be used as a middle school and will provide additional classrooms, a gymnasium and an oratory. It would be designed with rooms allocated to science, art, music and a library, as well as general classroom space.
The new facility is designed so it can accommodate two additional wings in the future that would total another 15,000 square feet and provide another 10 classrooms, according to documents.
The existing parking lot in front of the building currently contains 65 parking stalls. The proposed site plan would slightly modify the existing lot, but also double the capacity of the parking lot, so it would contain 130 parking stalls.
The Plan Commission will send their recommendation to the Village Board, which will make the final decision. The paper went to print before the Tuesday decision.
— Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- CMH nurse receives honor from Blood Center of Wisconsin for going beyond the call of duty
- Rep. Brandtjen Introduces Foodshare Bill
- Falls Patio Players takes to the stage for weekend two of "Hairspray"
- Family members react to survival of Falls native in Everest avalanche following earthquake in Nepal
- Investigation: Family behind collapsed Falls building has a history of neglecting properties (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Apriil 30
- Falls board plans to move ahead with private property sewer lateral work
- Menomonee Falls Police report: April 30, 2015
- Falls police representatives invite public to chat over coffee (1)
- Germantown School Board could make decision about space needs at Rockfield Elementary School