Menomonee Falls — The Menomonee Falls Plan Commission on Tuesday considered a proposal from Aquinas Academy to construct a new, free standing building to accommodate its growing study body.
Aquinas Academy, W15935 Good Hope Road, teaches students in kindergarten through eighth grade. The proposed 29,785-square-foot facility would be located approximately 50 feet to the south of the existing 14,760-square-foot building, according to village documents. The school is hoping the Plan Commission and Village Board will grant an amendment to its conditional-use permit to allow for the expansion.
The proposed building would be used as a middle school and will provide additional classrooms, a gymnasium and an oratory. It would be designed with rooms allocated to science, art, music and a library, as well as general classroom space.
The new facility is designed so it can accommodate two additional wings in the future that would total another 15,000 square feet and provide another 10 classrooms, according to documents.
The existing parking lot in front of the building currently contains 65 parking stalls. The proposed site plan would slightly modify the existing lot, but also double the capacity of the parking lot, so it would contain 130 parking stalls.
The Plan Commission will send their recommendation to the Village Board, which will make the final decision. The paper went to print before the Tuesday decision.
— Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Complaint: Menomonee Falls parents fed son dog food, denied him restroom
- Falls Village Board President candidates say they each would bring different experience to the role
- Menomonee Falls district approves preliminary layoff notices, letter to legislators
- Temporary burn ban lifted for Waukesha County, Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 26, 2015
- Menomonee Falls family heads up local shoe drive for Dondo Amor
- Proposed bill would allow Germantown school district to start before Sept. 1
- Proposed bill would allow Menomonee Falls school district to start before Sept. 1
- Falls school board to review, approve layoff notices
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 19, 2015