Menomonee Falls — The Menomonee Falls Plan Commission on Tuesday considered a proposal from Aquinas Academy to construct a new, free standing building to accommodate its growing study body.
Aquinas Academy, W15935 Good Hope Road, teaches students in kindergarten through eighth grade. The proposed 29,785-square-foot facility would be located approximately 50 feet to the south of the existing 14,760-square-foot building, according to village documents. The school is hoping the Plan Commission and Village Board will grant an amendment to its conditional-use permit to allow for the expansion.
The proposed building would be used as a middle school and will provide additional classrooms, a gymnasium and an oratory. It would be designed with rooms allocated to science, art, music and a library, as well as general classroom space.
The new facility is designed so it can accommodate two additional wings in the future that would total another 15,000 square feet and provide another 10 classrooms, according to documents.
The existing parking lot in front of the building currently contains 65 parking stalls. The proposed site plan would slightly modify the existing lot, but also double the capacity of the parking lot, so it would contain 130 parking stalls.
The Plan Commission will send their recommendation to the Village Board, which will make the final decision. The paper went to print before the Tuesday decision.
— Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wisconsin's first Pirtek USA location to open in Menomonee Falls
- Newman will not seek third term as Menomonee Falls Village Board president
- Menomonee Falls School District's lobbying efforts likely to conclude in January
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Dec. 11, 2014
- Four to be added to Menomonee Falls High School Wall of Recognition
- Menomonee Falls' Village Centre features variety of new business offerings
- 'Uberdork' opens arms to Menomonee Falls community
- Community Memorial Hospital seeks approval for major improvements
- Pilgrim Road reconstruction begins, to be completed next year