Menomonee Falls — The Menomonee Falls Plan Commission on Tuesday considered a proposal from Aquinas Academy to construct a new, free standing building to accommodate its growing study body.
Aquinas Academy, W15935 Good Hope Road, teaches students in kindergarten through eighth grade. The proposed 29,785-square-foot facility would be located approximately 50 feet to the south of the existing 14,760-square-foot building, according to village documents. The school is hoping the Plan Commission and Village Board will grant an amendment to its conditional-use permit to allow for the expansion.
The proposed building would be used as a middle school and will provide additional classrooms, a gymnasium and an oratory. It would be designed with rooms allocated to science, art, music and a library, as well as general classroom space.
The new facility is designed so it can accommodate two additional wings in the future that would total another 15,000 square feet and provide another 10 classrooms, according to documents.
The existing parking lot in front of the building currently contains 65 parking stalls. The proposed site plan would slightly modify the existing lot, but also double the capacity of the parking lot, so it would contain 130 parking stalls.
The Plan Commission will send their recommendation to the Village Board, which will make the final decision. The paper went to print before the Tuesday decision.
— Danielle Switalski
- FBI raids Menomonee Falls home
- Menomonee Falls' Thomas Jefferson Middle School hosts one last hurrah before demolition
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: June 30, 2016 (3)
- Menomonee Falls Challengers put heart back into the ball game
- Falls Guy, June 30: A new member of the team
- Menomonee Falls to hold forum on East Main Street redevelopment
- Police continue search for suspect in indecent exposure incident in Menomonee Falls
- Tri-County YMCA plans improvements to Menomonee Falls facility, family programming
- Local woman to show off beautiful blooms in Garden Tour
- A (Cherry) Pit stop for Menomonee Falls recording studio