Menomonee Falls — The Menomonee Falls Plan Commission on Tuesday considered a proposal from Aquinas Academy to construct a new, free standing building to accommodate its growing study body.
Aquinas Academy, W15935 Good Hope Road, teaches students in kindergarten through eighth grade. The proposed 29,785-square-foot facility would be located approximately 50 feet to the south of the existing 14,760-square-foot building, according to village documents. The school is hoping the Plan Commission and Village Board will grant an amendment to its conditional-use permit to allow for the expansion.
The proposed building would be used as a middle school and will provide additional classrooms, a gymnasium and an oratory. It would be designed with rooms allocated to science, art, music and a library, as well as general classroom space.
The new facility is designed so it can accommodate two additional wings in the future that would total another 15,000 square feet and provide another 10 classrooms, according to documents.
The existing parking lot in front of the building currently contains 65 parking stalls. The proposed site plan would slightly modify the existing lot, but also double the capacity of the parking lot, so it would contain 130 parking stalls.
The Plan Commission will send their recommendation to the Village Board, which will make the final decision. The paper went to print before the Tuesday decision.
— Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man accused of trying to steal a car from his former employer
- New Berlin tax rate to stay flat due to increase in city's tax base
- Community Memorial Hospital, Washington County ready for potential Ebola outbreak
- Prince of Peace open house welcomes new pastor, features family activities
- Menomonee Falls board to review land-use amendment
- Two suspects in custody after armed robbery at Associated Bank
- Enrollment lower than expected in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: October 16, 2014
- Leaf Collection has begun in Menomonee Falls
- 'Good news' for water users in Menomonee Falls