Menomonee Falls School Board Member Lori Blodorn will resign from the School Board within the next few weeks as she accepted the position of human resources manager within the School District.
Blodorn, whose Board seat is open in the spring election, will replace the current Human Resources Manager Ken Kuberka.
According to the District, Blodorn will officially start her new job in January.
The School Board will also decide in January how to handle the vacant seat. The Board can either appoint someone who would then have to run for election in April, or run with six members until the election.
More than 75 candidates were reviewed for the human resources manager position. A handful of candidates were interviewed, according to the District.
The hiring team was impressed with Blodorn's dedication, commitment and knowledge to the District.
"We are confident in Lori's ability to assist in the positive progression that the District has and continues to undertake in the human resources arena," said Director of Human Resources Christiane Standlee.
Blodorn holds a law degree from Boston College. She has worked for law firms in Colorado and Boston. She has served on the School Board since 2010, including serving on the Personnel Committee. Last April, she was selected as vice president of the School Board.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Olive Garden backs out of Germantown development
- Falls, Germantown host Memorial Day events
- Flipping to the future: Teaching technique gains ground
- News & Notes: May 21
- Menomonee Falls approves pet boarding, retail business
- Police Report: May 20
- Amnesty Club hosts benefit for the Water Project
- Menomonee Falls downtown hosts art walk, duck derby
- Menomonee Falls girl honoree of Arthritis Walk
- Menomonee Falls School District prepares for assessment changes at state level