Menomonee Falls School Board Member Lori Blodorn will resign from the School Board within the next few weeks as she accepted the position of human resources manager within the School District.
Blodorn, whose Board seat is open in the spring election, will replace the current Human Resources Manager Ken Kuberka.
According to the District, Blodorn will officially start her new job in January.
The School Board will also decide in January how to handle the vacant seat. The Board can either appoint someone who would then have to run for election in April, or run with six members until the election.
More than 75 candidates were reviewed for the human resources manager position. A handful of candidates were interviewed, according to the District.
The hiring team was impressed with Blodorn's dedication, commitment and knowledge to the District.
"We are confident in Lori's ability to assist in the positive progression that the District has and continues to undertake in the human resources arena," said Director of Human Resources Christiane Standlee.
Blodorn holds a law degree from Boston College. She has worked for law firms in Colorado and Boston. She has served on the School Board since 2010, including serving on the Personnel Committee. Last April, she was selected as vice president of the School Board.
- North Middle School students take time to honor heroes
- Community receives $30,000 in grants from Greater Menomonee Falls Foundation
- Lannon student plans to 'Stick it to Cancer'
- Yo Cool Frozen Yogurt in Menomonee Falls to donate proceeds to fight addiction
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: June 2, 2016
- The Falls Guy, June 2, 2016: Kohl's will accept this kind of Payne
- Farmers markets springing to life in Sussex, Butler, Menomonee Falls
- Old Falls Village Days set for June 4-5
- Street festival to mark Memorial Day in Menomonee Falls (1)
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: May 26, 2016