The BloodCenter of Wisconsin is hosting blood drives throughout Waukesha County in the month of May.
The Menomonee Falls blood drive is scheduled from 1 to 6 p.m. May 3 at M&I BMO Financial Group, N82 W15415 Appleton Ave.
To sign up for the drive visit www.bcw.edu/micorp or call 1-(877) 232-4376. Donors should bring a photo ID. The entire donor process takes about an hour. All blood types are needed.
Donors must be at least 17 years of age, weigh at least 110 pounds and be free of a major cold, flu or allergy symptoms. Donors also cannot have had hepatitis after the age of 11 or have any risk factors or behaviors associated with HIV or AIDS.
According to the BloodCenter, hospitals including Aurora Sinai Medical Center - Summit and Memorial Hospital in Waukesha County, have come to rely on BloodCenter of Wisconsin for a stead supply of blood to treat their patients. Nearly 800 donors are needed every day to help maintain the supply to the hospitals served by the BloodCenter.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: June 18
- Menomonee Falls multi-use pedestrian, bike trail moves forward
- Plans for new fire stations in Falls moves forward
- Menomonee Falls thief stocking up on high-end liquor
- Police Report: June 17
- Falls' Ryne Kickbush overcomes serious illness, works hard to graduate
- Falls stakeholders discuss ideas to maintain music programs
- Parents, school leaders dissect Falls music program
- Germantown, Falls districts dealing with more families having tough time making ends meet
- News & Notes: June 11