The BloodCenter of Wisconsin is hosting blood drives throughout Waukesha County in the month of May.
The Menomonee Falls blood drive is scheduled from 1 to 6 p.m. May 3 at M&I BMO Financial Group, N82 W15415 Appleton Ave.
To sign up for the drive visit www.bcw.edu/micorp or call 1-(877) 232-4376. Donors should bring a photo ID. The entire donor process takes about an hour. All blood types are needed.
Donors must be at least 17 years of age, weigh at least 110 pounds and be free of a major cold, flu or allergy symptoms. Donors also cannot have had hepatitis after the age of 11 or have any risk factors or behaviors associated with HIV or AIDS.
According to the BloodCenter, hospitals including Aurora Sinai Medical Center - Summit and Memorial Hospital in Waukesha County, have come to rely on BloodCenter of Wisconsin for a stead supply of blood to treat their patients. Nearly 800 donors are needed every day to help maintain the supply to the hospitals served by the BloodCenter.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Olive Garden backs out of Germantown development
- Falls, Germantown host Memorial Day events
- Flipping to the future: Teaching technique gains ground
- News & Notes: May 21
- Menomonee Falls approves pet boarding, retail business
- Police Report: May 20
- Amnesty Club hosts benefit for the Water Project
- Menomonee Falls downtown hosts art walk, duck derby
- Menomonee Falls girl honoree of Arthritis Walk
- Menomonee Falls School District prepares for assessment changes at state level