Menomonee Falls — Republican Janel Brandtjen will face off against Democrat Jessie Read for Wisconsin State Assembly District 22 in the Nov. 4 general election. With 60 percent of the votes, Brandtjen defeated Blair Rogacki (27 percent) for the GOP nomination in the primary election Tuesday, Aug. 12, while Nick Oliver was third with 13 percent.
"I'm humbled by the support of thousands of my friends and neighbors, and am grateful that they chose me to represent them in Madison," said Brandtjen, of Menomonee Falls. "This is a solemn responsibility and I will defend our values, fight for fiscal responsibility, and always be listening to the voters who chose me to speak for them."
Brandtjen, Oliver and Rogacki competed to represent the Republican party, as Republican incumbent Don Pridemore is stepping down after 10 years in the position. Jessie Read of Lisbon ran unopposed for the Democratic spot for the seat, which was created in 2010 and includes all of the towns of Erin and Lisbon, the villages of Lannon, Butler and portions of the villages of Richfield and Menomonee Falls.
Brandtjen has a bachelor of science degree in finance and marketing from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. She owns and operates Group One Marketing, Inc. in Menomonee Falls and is married with two children.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls Village Board President candidates say they each would bring different experience to the role
- Menomonee Falls approves preliminary layoff notices, letter to legislators on proposed state budget
- Temporary burn ban lifted for Waukesha County, Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 26, 2015
- Menomonee Falls family heads up local shoe drive for Dondo Amor
- Proposed bill would allow Germantown school district to start prior to Sept. 1
- Proposed bill would allow Falls school district to start prior to Sept. 1
- Falls school board to review, approve layoff notices
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 19, 2015
- Falls-based Bradley Corporation recieves nod for wellness efforts