Menomonee Falls — Republican Janel Brandtjen will face off against Democrat Jessie Read for Wisconsin State Assembly District 22 in the Nov. 4 general election. With 60 percent of the votes, Brandtjen defeated Blair Rogacki (27 percent) for the GOP nomination in the primary election Tuesday, Aug. 12, while Nick Oliver was third with 13 percent.
"I'm humbled by the support of thousands of my friends and neighbors, and am grateful that they chose me to represent them in Madison," said Brandtjen, of Menomonee Falls. "This is a solemn responsibility and I will defend our values, fight for fiscal responsibility, and always be listening to the voters who chose me to speak for them."
Brandtjen, Oliver and Rogacki competed to represent the Republican party, as Republican incumbent Don Pridemore is stepping down after 10 years in the position. Jessie Read of Lisbon ran unopposed for the Democratic spot for the seat, which was created in 2010 and includes all of the towns of Erin and Lisbon, the villages of Lannon, Butler and portions of the villages of Richfield and Menomonee Falls.
Brandtjen has a bachelor of science degree in finance and marketing from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. She owns and operates Group One Marketing, Inc. in Menomonee Falls and is married with two children.
- Menomonee Falls Police Report, May 5, 2016
- The Falls Guy, May 5, 2016: Cruisin' down memory lane
- Cozzini Bros. to move into Falls Commerce Center
- Getting to know Menomonee Falls Little League President Donald Patten
- Work on Pilgrim Road to begin in Menomonee Falls, will be temporary
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- My Fair Lady takes to the stage in Falls Patio Players production
- Menomonee Falls' A Better Me wellness spa takes unique approach to relaxation
- The Falls Guy, April 21, 2016: Their field of dreams is ready to open
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 21, 2016