Menomonee Falls — A criminal complaint has been filed against two 18-year-old Milwaukee men and an 18-year-old Brown Deer man in connection with a residential burglary that occurred at a residence in the W16200 block of Lone Oak Lane on Saturday, July 26.
Charges were filed with Waukesha County on Monday, July 28, against Jharrell Frazier, Donald Merritt, and Kaine Thomas, who are charged with burglarizing the Menomonee Falls home around 4 p.m. July 26, according to the complaint.
Police responded to a call from the neighboring resident to the home in question reporting suspicious activity in and around the home, according to the complaint. As they were investigating the incident, police said they determined the suspects that fled on foot were also involved in a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of Lisbon Road and Graysland Drive. While Fraizer and Merritt were arrested on foot, Thomas was named in the complaint as the operator of the vehicle.
According to the report, Thomas said he dropped the other two men at the scene and did not realize they intended to burglarize the home until he returned to pick them up. Two baggies of what may have been marijuana were found in the back seat of the vehicle, which also contained a number of items from the home including a 55-inch Samsung flat screen television, several jewelry boxes, a computer monitor and laptop. Three white latex gloves were found in the rear seat armrest and a backpack in the vehicle also contained two black gloves.
Upon conviction, the men could be fined up to $25,000 and/or up to 12 1/2 years in prison.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- U.S. Department of Labor fines local company more than $130,000 for violations, endangering employee
- Menomonee Falls Radisson Hotel is officially under new ownership
- Menomonee Falls Police report: October 23, 2014
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 22 Voter's Guide
- Award-winning filmmaker to air film locally on Oct. 29
- Milwaukee man charged in armed robbery at Menomonee Falls Associated Bank
- Commercial development will be allowed at Falls gateway intersection
- Milwaukee man charged in armed robbery at Falls Associated Bank
- Man accused of trying to steal a car from his former employer
- New Berlin tax rate to stay flat due to increase in city's tax base