Menomonee Falls — A criminal complaint has been filed against two 18-year-old Milwaukee men and an 18-year-old Brown Deer man in connection with a residential burglary that occurred at a residence in the W16200 block of Lone Oak Lane on Saturday, July 26.
Charges were filed with Waukesha County on Monday, July 28, against Jharrell Frazier, Donald Merritt, and Kaine Thomas, who are charged with burglarizing the Menomonee Falls home around 4 p.m. July 26, according to the complaint.
Police responded to a call from the neighboring resident to the home in question reporting suspicious activity in and around the home, according to the complaint. As they were investigating the incident, police said they determined the suspects that fled on foot were also involved in a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of Lisbon Road and Graysland Drive. While Fraizer and Merritt were arrested on foot, Thomas was named in the complaint as the operator of the vehicle.
According to the report, Thomas said he dropped the other two men at the scene and did not realize they intended to burglarize the home until he returned to pick them up. Two baggies of what may have been marijuana were found in the back seat of the vehicle, which also contained a number of items from the home including a 55-inch Samsung flat screen television, several jewelry boxes, a computer monitor and laptop. Three white latex gloves were found in the rear seat armrest and a backpack in the vehicle also contained two black gloves.
Upon conviction, the men could be fined up to $25,000 and/or up to 12 1/2 years in prison.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kohl's announces holiday hiring plans
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 18, 2014
- Police searching for 2 men for armed robbery at Craigslist sale
- Menomonee Falls Village Board approves sale of Radisson Hotel
- Menomonee Falls High School student named National Merit Scholarship semifinalist
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 11, 2014
- Kohl's seeks to unload Woodland Prime building
- Trapped: An inside look at the effect of ALS on people, families and the community
- School district taxes remain flat for Menomonee Falls residents
- Menomonee Falls man dies in house fire