Menomonee Falls - Menomonee Falls residents have something to cheer about this September.
The Cheery Cherry Fall Fair is back for its 44th year and will feature crafters, artists, food vendors and activities. The event is slated for Sept. 23 in Menomonee Falls Village Park.
The fair will have about 117 exhibitors displaying and selling all types of crafts from, clothing to glass, metal to ceramics, said Brenda Weiss, volunteer services coordinator with fair sponsor Volunteers in Partnership with Community Memorial Hospital.
In addition, there will be a cherry booth where Door County cherry products will be sold, a food tent offering fair favorites including pizza, burgers, brats and pulled pork, as well homemade bakery. A wine tasting featuring von Stiehl fine wines will be held as well.
From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., duo Remember When will play hits of the 1950s, '60s and '70s.
Organizers are focusing on expanding the children's area to make the fair a more family oriented experience, Weiss said. A balloon twister will be set up from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. There also will be pumpkin painting, face painting and a feather hair extension booth.
It takes more than 100 volunteers to put on the event.
All proceeds benefit the Emergency Department at Community Memorial Hospital and will help fund a new courtesy van to take patients and visitors around the hospital campus.
In the last 10 years, the fair has raised more than $368,000, Director of Volunteer Services Sue Schuelke said.
Throughout the years proceeds also have benefited the hospital's Cancer Care Center and Women's Health Services.
It is one of the largest fundraisers for the Volunteers in Partnership with Community Memorial Hospital.
"The volunteers, many of them, were instrumental in getting this hospital built, and they have a lot of pride for their community and they want to do whatever they can for their community and hospital," Schuelke said. "I just want to thank the whole community for giving us the opportunity to have this event in Menomonee Falls and all the volunteers that contribute to its success."
A few extra volunteers are needed to act as backup grillers and to help unload in the afternoon of Sept. 22.
To volunteer, call (262) 257-3300. Visit CommunityMemorial.com/cheery_cherry for information.
IF YOU GO
WHAT: Cheery Cherry Fall Fair
WHEN: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 23
WHERE: Menomonee Falls Village Park at Appleton Avenue and Garfield Drive
COST: $4 per person
- Cozzini Bros. to move into Falls Commerce Center
- Getting to know Menomonee Falls Little League President Donald Patten
- Work on Pilgrim Road to begin in Menomonee Falls, will be temporary
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- My Fair Lady takes to the stage in Falls Patio Players production
- Menomonee Falls' A Better Me wellness spa takes unique approach to relaxation
- The Falls Guy, April 21, 2016: Their field of dreams is ready to open
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 21, 2016
- Menomonee Falls High School FBLA team clinches state for the third year in a row
- Custom Data Too Mail to open in Falls Commerce Center in Menomonee Falls