Menomonee Falls - Menomonee Falls residents have something to cheer about this September.
The Cheery Cherry Fall Fair is back for its 44th year and will feature crafters, artists, food vendors and activities. The event is slated for Sept. 23 in Menomonee Falls Village Park.
The fair will have about 117 exhibitors displaying and selling all types of crafts from, clothing to glass, metal to ceramics, said Brenda Weiss, volunteer services coordinator with fair sponsor Volunteers in Partnership with Community Memorial Hospital.
In addition, there will be a cherry booth where Door County cherry products will be sold, a food tent offering fair favorites including pizza, burgers, brats and pulled pork, as well homemade bakery. A wine tasting featuring von Stiehl fine wines will be held as well.
From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., duo Remember When will play hits of the 1950s, '60s and '70s.
Organizers are focusing on expanding the children's area to make the fair a more family oriented experience, Weiss said. A balloon twister will be set up from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. There also will be pumpkin painting, face painting and a feather hair extension booth.
It takes more than 100 volunteers to put on the event.
All proceeds benefit the Emergency Department at Community Memorial Hospital and will help fund a new courtesy van to take patients and visitors around the hospital campus.
In the last 10 years, the fair has raised more than $368,000, Director of Volunteer Services Sue Schuelke said.
Throughout the years proceeds also have benefited the hospital's Cancer Care Center and Women's Health Services.
It is one of the largest fundraisers for the Volunteers in Partnership with Community Memorial Hospital.
"The volunteers, many of them, were instrumental in getting this hospital built, and they have a lot of pride for their community and they want to do whatever they can for their community and hospital," Schuelke said. "I just want to thank the whole community for giving us the opportunity to have this event in Menomonee Falls and all the volunteers that contribute to its success."
A few extra volunteers are needed to act as backup grillers and to help unload in the afternoon of Sept. 22.
To volunteer, call (262) 257-3300. Visit CommunityMemorial.com/cheery_cherry for information.
IF YOU GO
WHAT: Cheery Cherry Fall Fair
WHEN: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 23
WHERE: Menomonee Falls Village Park at Appleton Avenue and Garfield Drive
COST: $4 per person
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fall leaf pickup slated to begin mid-October in the Falls
- Chipotle in Menomonee Falls to open next month, employees needed (2)
- Falls Guy, Oct. 8, 2015: Train-ing mission
- Tri-County Y nears first anniversary under Greater Waukesha umbrella
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Oct. 8, 2015
- Juvenile suspect apprehended by citizen after stealing vodka at Menomonee Falls Piggly Wiggly
- Reminder: responses needed to Falls School District Community Survey today, Oct. 5
- Robin's Nest to host Vera Bradley Ambassador Joan Bradley Reedy
- Menomonee Falls to consider allowing outdoor seating at Tornado Brewery
- Former professional fighter puts burglar in choke hold, keeps him knocked out until police arrive (1)