Menomonee Falls competed well against visiting Waukesha West on Jan. 13, but struggled from the foul line and fell short, 52-47, to the Wolverines.
“We seemed to struggle with a lot of things that were just out of our control,” Indians coach Craig Amundson. “We’d make a pass that looked to be right on and we can’t find the handle. We get a great look inside and the ball rolls outs. We’d get a rebound and lose it out of bounds.
“It was just frustrating, because we played hard, communicated well and did a lot of other things right.”
The Indians, who made just nine of 19 free throws, fell to 4-8 overall entering this week. A league game with West Allis Hale was postponed Jan. 16 and rescheduled for Jan. 20.
Falls fell behind, 15-12, after one quarter but fought back to take a small lead in the third.
“But we missed some free throws that could have extended the lead,” Amundson said, “and they got out on transition really well.”
West helped itself by hitting by shooting 16-of-25 from the free-throw line.
Junior Stephanie LeSage, making her first start of the season, tied senior Angela DeVillers for the team lead with 12 points. LeSage scored just five points in the Indians’ previous 11 games.
Carly Anderson chipped in with 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Water rates in Menomonee Falls could spike as much as 9 percent
- Menomonee Falls School District eliminates facilities options
- Milwaukee men appear in court for armed robberies, crash
- Fight breaks out in Menomonee Falls movie theater
- Menomonee Falls Plan Commission considers plans for Kwik Trip
- Shoppers of the Menomonee Falls Goodwill unphased by scare
- Menomonee Falls man found after Wisconsin's first Silver Alert is issued
- Cooperation allows AT&T expansion to move forward in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls company raises $16,000 for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Menomonee Falls reaches settlement agreement with Advanced Waste