Menomonee Falls - Community Memorial Foundation hosted a reception in February at Froedtert Health Community Memorial Hospital where $237,950 was awarded to deserving projects that directly benefit patient care within the hospital as well as the broader community and service area.
The foundation board of directors awarded funding of the following projects:
insulin kits for diabetic patients without resources
ImPACT program concussion screening for Menomonee Falls and Germantown High Schools during the 2013-14 school year
Care Transition Coordinator pilot position to support patient transition from hospital to home
replacement recliners for post-surgical patients in the Intensive Care Unit
supply carts in the Emergency Department
breast and pelvic boards for radiation treatment in the Cancer Care Center
wheelchairs and cushions for Rehabilitation Services
stroke booklets for patient education in Rehabilitation Services
cardiac instruments for the operating room
The mission of Community Memorial Foundation is to support the hospital.
"We are grateful to have a foundation so strongly supported by our community. Funds raised here, stay here and they will benefit the lives of thousands of people who live in our community," said Dennis Pollard, president of Froedtert Health Community Memorial Hospital.
Checks were presented to recipients by Rick Binzak, volunteer chairman of the board of directors of Community Memorial Foundation.
"It is truly an honor to be a part of the Foundation; together with its board of directors and donors, we are able to provide funding for many deserving projects. We are privileged to be able to give back," he said.
For information about Community Memorial Foundation, visit froedterthealth.org/community-memorial/foundation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video: Students help break ground for Rockfield addition
- Getting to know Dennis Farrell
- Scion Dental awarded the management of 650,000 through Maryland Healthy Smiles program
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Nov. 26, 2015
- Shady Lane Elementary offers students buddy bench on playground
- Kohl's, Bartolotta team up to service Menomonee Falls corporate campus
- Alto-Shaam granted Patriot Award for support of employee in the National Guard
- Social Haus proposal for Menomonee Falls moves forward with extended indoor, limited outdoor hours (2)
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Nov. 19, 2015
- Falls Guy, Nov. 19, 2015: It's time to turn the page