Menomonee Falls - Community Memorial Foundation hosted a reception in February at Froedtert Health Community Memorial Hospital where $237,950 was awarded to deserving projects that directly benefit patient care within the hospital as well as the broader community and service area.
The foundation board of directors awarded funding of the following projects:
insulin kits for diabetic patients without resources
ImPACT program concussion screening for Menomonee Falls and Germantown High Schools during the 2013-14 school year
Care Transition Coordinator pilot position to support patient transition from hospital to home
replacement recliners for post-surgical patients in the Intensive Care Unit
supply carts in the Emergency Department
breast and pelvic boards for radiation treatment in the Cancer Care Center
wheelchairs and cushions for Rehabilitation Services
stroke booklets for patient education in Rehabilitation Services
cardiac instruments for the operating room
The mission of Community Memorial Foundation is to support the hospital.
"We are grateful to have a foundation so strongly supported by our community. Funds raised here, stay here and they will benefit the lives of thousands of people who live in our community," said Dennis Pollard, president of Froedtert Health Community Memorial Hospital.
Checks were presented to recipients by Rick Binzak, volunteer chairman of the board of directors of Community Memorial Foundation.
"It is truly an honor to be a part of the Foundation; together with its board of directors and donors, we are able to provide funding for many deserving projects. We are privileged to be able to give back," he said.
For information about Community Memorial Foundation, visit froedterthealth.org/community-memorial/foundation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police report: April 23, 2015
- Menomonee Falls educators receive national awards
- Falls Village Board President steps down, highlights positives from tenure
- Imagination runs wild in Brookfield East's spring play, 'Twelfth Night'
- Menomonee Falls issues raze or repair order on site of March building collapse
- Menomonee Falls Tazino's remains open
- Pilgrim Road off-ramps in Menomonee Falls to close in both directions April 20
- Former Menomonee Falls village president welcomes grandson following tragic loss
- Bus shelters coming to Bluemound Road in Brookfield
- Update: 911 call reveals details of attempted carjacking in Menomonee Falls (1)