Menomonee Falls — An addition to an AT&T facility in the village will move forward.
The Village Board on Monday, August 4 unanimously approved a request by Exp U.S. Services Inc. to amend a conditional-use permit to allow site modifications to the AT&T communications facility at N4989 Pilgrim Road.
Neighboring residents strongly opposed the proposed 2,000-square-foot addition at the Plan Commission meeting June 3, which prompted village officials to consider addition conditions relating to noise and maintenance of the existing 10,000-square-foot facility.
To help reduce the noise, the revised location of the addition was proposed on the southwest end of the building where it should have the least amount of impact on residents. In addition, the board is requiring the company to tear down a fence that currently separates the facility from the neighbors and replace it with a new 8-foot fence along the property line. Revised plans also call for a detailed maintenance plan for the fence to ensure it remains a solid barrier between neighboring residents and the business.
"The problem with this site was there was a decrepit fence so (the neighbors) could hear everything and see everthing," said trustee Steve Raymonds, who also serves on the Plan Commission. "It's an improvement because they're moving noise control from the north to the south and replacing the fence along the property line they have to keep up."
Village President Randy Newman, who also chairs the Plan Commission, said he was glad the neighbors spoke up with concerns as this project moved through the approval process.
"I think it was very good the neighbors came to us otherwise we may have approved it as it was," he said. "It was great to have AT&T and the neighbors be able to work this out. While it's not perfect I think everybody will agree it's a lot better."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Food Network stars Sunny Anderson, Damaris Phillips visit Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls woman, 81, to be published nationally
- Menomonee Falls Police Report: Oct. 1, 2015
- Menomonee-Falls based manufacturer receives award for health, wellness programs
- Kohl's pilots Kohl's Café at Menomonee Falls, Delafield locations (1)
- 3 things you can do to protect your family, pets from coyote attacks (5)
- Several coyotes, foxes spotted in Menomonee Falls (3)
- Local churches celebrate, react to Pope Francis' address to Congress
- Menomonee Falls approves developer agreement with E.R. Wagner
- Gloria Dei Lutheran Church welcomes Vicar Steve Bogie