Menomonee Falls — An addition to an AT&T facility in the village will move forward.
The Village Board on Monday, August 4 unanimously approved a request by Exp U.S. Services Inc. to amend a conditional-use permit to allow site modifications to the AT&T communications facility at N4989 Pilgrim Road.
Neighboring residents strongly opposed the proposed 2,000-square-foot addition at the Plan Commission meeting June 3, which prompted village officials to consider addition conditions relating to noise and maintenance of the existing 10,000-square-foot facility.
To help reduce the noise, the revised location of the addition was proposed on the southwest end of the building where it should have the least amount of impact on residents. In addition, the board is requiring the company to tear down a fence that currently separates the facility from the neighbors and replace it with a new 8-foot fence along the property line. Revised plans also call for a detailed maintenance plan for the fence to ensure it remains a solid barrier between neighboring residents and the business.
"The problem with this site was there was a decrepit fence so (the neighbors) could hear everything and see everthing," said trustee Steve Raymonds, who also serves on the Plan Commission. "It's an improvement because they're moving noise control from the north to the south and replacing the fence along the property line they have to keep up."
Village President Randy Newman, who also chairs the Plan Commission, said he was glad the neighbors spoke up with concerns as this project moved through the approval process.
"I think it was very good the neighbors came to us otherwise we may have approved it as it was," he said. "It was great to have AT&T and the neighbors be able to work this out. While it's not perfect I think everybody will agree it's a lot better."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- School District of Menomonee Falls could lose administrative staff member Gary Kiltz to Greendale
- The Falls Guy, Feb. 11, 2016: Not quite Super
- Construction to start on Highway 175 in Washington County
- Menomonee Falls Dance Team to compete in kick, jazz at state competition Feb. 6
- Menomonee Falls Comprehensive Plan complete, set for possible approval this spring
- Park planning continues in Menomonee Falls
- School District of Menomonee Falls to continue examining results of one-time Badger exam
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Menomonee Falls board to review plans for improvements to Village Park, new park on southwest side