Menomonee Falls — Village officials on Monday made way for a new gym on County Line Road.
The board approved a conditional-use permit allowing for a commercial health club in a two-unit building on the south side of County Line Road, immediately east of the McDermott Cue building. CrossFit Menomonee Falls proposed an 8,400 square foot fitness gym. The main focus is to provide various 60-minute classes throughout the day. Each class is designed for 15 and 20 people with one or two trainers.
CrossFit training mixes weightlifting with gymnastics, bodyweight movements and cardio in the same workout. The facility will offer personal trainers, sport-specific training, nutritional coaching, Olympic weightlifting, training designed for children and teenagers, and open gyms where individuals can practice any activity by themselves, according to village documents. The facility will have a full-service locker room for men and women.
Megal Development Corp., the property owner, requested the permit and requested the village lessen the parking stall requirements. Village zoning code requires 58 parking spots for a facility that size; however, the developer is asking for only 30 parking spaces as the gym's locker room holds 30 people, Village Trustee Steve Raymonds said. The board did not have any issues with parking.
The health club will be the second tenant in the two-unit building. The other half is being occupied by 1 Collision, a repair shop, which took over the space in 2012.
Before the village would issue a conditional-use permit, the Plan Commission requested that the site be cleaned. There was storage sitting outside the building, Village President Randy Newman said, and it has since been removed.
Crossfit will be open from 6 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturdays.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MMSD expansion prepares area near CMH in Menomonee Falls for future residential development
- Sussex man receives national award for cleaning house, building relationships
- Menomonee Falls opts not to offer new Chapter 220 seats, fewer open enrollment seats in 2015-16
- Menomonee Falls district doesn't change stance on use of Common Core
- Man pleads not guilty to sexually assaulting a Menomonee Falls teenager
- Menomonee Falls Ponzi schemer strikes plea deal
- Ask Now: Too much goose use of Fox Brook Park?
- Kindergarten enrollment night set for Feb. 4
- Two suspects charged with passing fake $100 bills at Menomonee Falls Target
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Jan. 29, 2015