Menomonee Falls — The Menomonee Falls area is becoming somewhat of a bulk shopping destination. Shortly after Costco was announced as the anchor of Whitestone Station, the Milwaukee Common Council has approved the development of a new Sam's Club across the street from Woodman's on Highway 145.
The council on July 22 unanimously approved plans for a new 135,000-square-foot store and a gas station to be built on vacant land at 124th Street and West Bradley Road.
The store will replace its existing location at 76th Street and Calumet Road, which will shut down as a result of the move. Employees of the old store will be offered jobs at the new location, which is expected to start construction by the end of the year.
Meanwhile, about four miles away a new 150,000-square-foot Costco store will anchor a large-mixed use development planned for a 65-acre area south of Highway 41/45 and west of Pilgrim Road formerly occupied by the Stolper Steel/Western Industries factory.
Following the demolition of the factory, the first phase of the development included a 91,000-square-foot Wisconsin Athletic Club and Froedtert Health sports medicine facility, which opened late 2013.
Whitestone Station will also include several other retail buildings totaling about 240,000 square feet, as well as 320 high-end apartments.
- Menomonee Falls Challengers put heart back into the ball game
- Falls Guy, June 30: A new member of the team
- Menomonee Falls to hold forum on East Main Street redevelopment
- Police continue search for suspect in indecent exposure incident in Menomonee Falls
- Tri-County YMCA plans improvements to Menomonee Falls facility, family programming
- Local woman to show off beautiful blooms in Garden Tour
- A (Cherry) Pit stop for Menomonee Falls recording studio
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Yellow bricks at Thomas Jefferson found to contain lead paint (2)
- Menomonee Falls man accused of inappropriately touching woman with dementia