Menomonee Falls — The Menomonee Falls area is becoming somewhat of a bulk shopping destination. Shortly after Costco was announced as the anchor of Whitestone Station, the Milwaukee Common Council has approved the development of a new Sam's Club across the street from Woodman's on Highway 145.
The council on July 22 unanimously approved plans for a new 135,000-square-foot store and a gas station to be built on vacant land at 124th Street and West Bradley Road.
The store will replace its existing location at 76th Street and Calumet Road, which will shut down as a result of the move. Employees of the old store will be offered jobs at the new location, which is expected to start construction by the end of the year.
Meanwhile, about four miles away a new 150,000-square-foot Costco store will anchor a large-mixed use development planned for a 65-acre area south of Highway 41/45 and west of Pilgrim Road formerly occupied by the Stolper Steel/Western Industries factory.
Following the demolition of the factory, the first phase of the development included a 91,000-square-foot Wisconsin Athletic Club and Froedtert Health sports medicine facility, which opened late 2013.
Whitestone Station will also include several other retail buildings totaling about 240,000 square feet, as well as 320 high-end apartments.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls School District happy with ACT Results
- Falls on the Riverwalk seeks to replace former Associated Bank building with apartments (8)
- Menomonee Falls School District names new communications director
- Chicago duo face nine counts of credit card fraud after CVS purchases
- News & Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Former professional fighter takes Menomonee Falls-based business to next level
- Menomonee Falls world language department uses application, receives regional attention
- Menomonee Falls, Germantown among best places to live
- Menomonee Falls Business receives WIA People's Choice award