Menomonee Falls - A mechanical failure caused the North Middle School Pool to be shut down last week, cancelling a number of activities at the pool. Officials spotted the problem last Thursday and the pool was closed until the problem could be fixed. All activities have been cancelled, including all Community Education & Recreation open and adult lap swim, swim lessons, Special Olympics Swimming, and Dolphinette practice.
The Community Education and Recreation office attempted to notify swim lesson participants by phone. According to Menomonee Falls School District Officials, maintenance personnel are continuing to assess the situation.
On Monday, the school district confirmed the pool would be closed until at least Feb. 5 and further updates would be given as a more specific time table for the pool to re-open is determined.
Visit fallsrec.org or call the Community Education & Recreation information line at (262) 255-8376 prior to your program starting time for additional cancellation information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Why Menomonee Falls and Germantown might be starting to bounce back post-recession
- Taxes to go down for Falls school district residents
- Car salesman allegedly stole dealership vehicle, crashed it while drunk
- Republican Party of Waukesha County calling for election observers
- Wisconsin farmers host Southeast Asia grain and feed buyers
- Menomonee Falls author donates book proceeds to Wounded Warriors
- U.S. Department of Labor fines local company more than $130,000 for violations, endangering employee
- Menomonee Falls Radisson Hotel is officially under new ownership
- Menomonee Falls Police report: October 23, 2014
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 22 Voter's Guide