Menomonee Falls - A mechanical failure caused the North Middle School Pool to be shut down last week, cancelling a number of activities at the pool. Officials spotted the problem last Thursday and the pool was closed until the problem could be fixed. All activities have been cancelled, including all Community Education & Recreation open and adult lap swim, swim lessons, Special Olympics Swimming, and Dolphinette practice.
The Community Education and Recreation office attempted to notify swim lesson participants by phone. According to Menomonee Falls School District Officials, maintenance personnel are continuing to assess the situation.
On Monday, the school district confirmed the pool would be closed until at least Feb. 5 and further updates would be given as a more specific time table for the pool to re-open is determined.
Visit fallsrec.org or call the Community Education & Recreation information line at (262) 255-8376 prior to your program starting time for additional cancellation information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls police investigating armed bank robbery
- Overnight fire damages Menomonee Falls home
- Village adds acre to sewer service area
- Menomonee Falls Parkway, Megal Drive water main among notable 2013 projects
- Menomonee Falls manufacturer Ultra Tool plans expansion
- Kohl's to return $2M grant from Falls
- Germantown police investigating slew of overnight vehicle break-ins
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- Falls plans future of Woodland Prime after Kohl's backs out of development (2)
- News & Notes: Nov. 26