Menomonee Falls - A mechanical failure caused the North Middle School Pool to be shut down last week, cancelling a number of activities at the pool. Officials spotted the problem last Thursday and the pool was closed until the problem could be fixed. All activities have been cancelled, including all Community Education & Recreation open and adult lap swim, swim lessons, Special Olympics Swimming, and Dolphinette practice.
The Community Education and Recreation office attempted to notify swim lesson participants by phone. According to Menomonee Falls School District Officials, maintenance personnel are continuing to assess the situation.
On Monday, the school district confirmed the pool would be closed until at least Feb. 5 and further updates would be given as a more specific time table for the pool to re-open is determined.
Visit fallsrec.org or call the Community Education & Recreation information line at (262) 255-8376 prior to your program starting time for additional cancellation information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Olive Garden backs out of Germantown development
- Falls, Germantown host Memorial Day events
- Flipping to the future: Teaching technique gains ground
- News & Notes: May 21
- Menomonee Falls approves pet boarding, retail business
- Police Report: May 20
- Amnesty Club hosts benefit for the Water Project
- Menomonee Falls downtown hosts art walk, duck derby
- Menomonee Falls girl honoree of Arthritis Walk
- Menomonee Falls School District prepares for assessment changes at state level