Bil Zahn, a retired elementary principal from the Elmbrook School District, was named interim principal at Ben Franklin Elementary in Menomonee Falls as a result of Principal Steve Bold's resignation.
His resignation takes effect June 30. Zahn, who served as Burleigh Elementary School principal for 22 years, will act as principal while the district posts the full-time position at Ben Franklin. According to the Menomonee Falls School District, Zahn spent the week meeting the students in their classrooms and introducing himself.
Valley View Principal Tina Posnanski and Riverside Elementary Principal Scott Walter will be working with Ben Franklin's Associate Principal Mike Mullen and Zahn "to ensure the continuity of support and quality focus on improvement continues," said Superintendent Patricia Greco.
Zahn will serve as interim principal until the School District finds a suitable replacement, Greco said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kohl's announces holiday hiring plans
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 18, 2014
- Police searching for 2 men for armed robbery at Craigslist sale
- Menomonee Falls Village Board approves sale of Radisson Hotel
- Menomonee Falls High School student named National Merit Scholarship semifinalist
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 11, 2014
- Kohl's seeks to unload Woodland Prime building
- Trapped: An inside look at the effect of ALS on people, families and the community
- School district taxes remain flat for Menomonee Falls residents
- Menomonee Falls man dies in house fire