Bil Zahn, a retired elementary principal from the Elmbrook School District, was named interim principal at Ben Franklin Elementary in Menomonee Falls as a result of Principal Steve Bold's resignation.
His resignation takes effect June 30. Zahn, who served as Burleigh Elementary School principal for 22 years, will act as principal while the district posts the full-time position at Ben Franklin. According to the Menomonee Falls School District, Zahn spent the week meeting the students in their classrooms and introducing himself.
Valley View Principal Tina Posnanski and Riverside Elementary Principal Scott Walter will be working with Ben Franklin's Associate Principal Mike Mullen and Zahn "to ensure the continuity of support and quality focus on improvement continues," said Superintendent Patricia Greco.
Zahn will serve as interim principal until the School District finds a suitable replacement, Greco said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What to expect on the Nov. 4 ballot
- Learning is sweet for students when Stacy Leuty is in the classroom
- Menomonee Falls Police report: October 30, 2014
- Why Menomonee Falls and Germantown might be starting to bounce back post-recession
- Taxes to go down for Falls school district residents
- Car salesman allegedly stole dealership vehicle, crashed it while drunk
- Republican Party of Waukesha County calling for election observers
- Wisconsin farmers host Southeast Asia grain and feed buyers
- Menomonee Falls author donates book proceeds to Wounded Warriors
- U.S. Department of Labor fines local company more than $130,000 for violations, endangering employee