Bil Zahn, a retired elementary principal from the Elmbrook School District, was named interim principal at Ben Franklin Elementary in Menomonee Falls as a result of Principal Steve Bold's resignation.
His resignation takes effect June 30. Zahn, who served as Burleigh Elementary School principal for 22 years, will act as principal while the district posts the full-time position at Ben Franklin. According to the Menomonee Falls School District, Zahn spent the week meeting the students in their classrooms and introducing himself.
Valley View Principal Tina Posnanski and Riverside Elementary Principal Scott Walter will be working with Ben Franklin's Associate Principal Mike Mullen and Zahn "to ensure the continuity of support and quality focus on improvement continues," said Superintendent Patricia Greco.
Zahn will serve as interim principal until the School District finds a suitable replacement, Greco said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wisconsin's first Pirtek USA location to open in Menomonee Falls
- Newman will not seek third term as Menomonee Falls Village Board president
- Menomonee Falls School District's lobbying efforts likely to conclude in January
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Dec. 11, 2014
- Four to be added to Menomonee Falls High School Wall of Recognition
- Menomonee Falls' Village Centre features variety of new business offerings
- 'Uberdork' opens arms to Menomonee Falls community
- Community Memorial Hospital seeks approval for major improvements
- Pilgrim Road reconstruction begins, to be completed next year