Menomonee Falls - A fire that broke out last week at the Radisson Hotel in Menomonee Falls resulted in $30,000 in damages.
A malfunctioning dryer in the rear of the building, W14750 Main Street, is believed to have caught fire at 8:02 a.m. Sept. 25, according to Menomonee Falls Fire Chief Jeffrey Hevey.
An activated sprinkler system kept the fire contained before crews from the Menomonee Falls Fire Department extinguished it completely.
Two Radisson employees were checked for minor smoke inhalation and treated on scene. They did not have to be transported to a hospital. Between 10-12 guests and about 25 employees were evacuated and fire crews checked the hotel rooms to ensure people in the hotel went outside as smoke filtered onto the first, third, fourth and fifth floors. The smoke was ventilated from the building.
The large industrial dryer can hold anywhere from five to six dozen towels, Hevey said.
"It's about ten times the size of the dryer you have at home," he said.
It is believed to have caught fire while operating with items inside.
- Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls Village Board President candidates say they each would bring different experience to the role
- Menomonee Falls approves preliminary layoff notices, letter to legislators on proposed state budget
- Temporary burn ban lifted for Waukesha County, Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 26, 2015
- Menomonee Falls family heads up local shoe drive for Dondo Amor
- Proposed bill would allow Germantown school district to start prior to Sept. 1
- Proposed bill would allow Falls school district to start prior to Sept. 1
- Falls school board to review, approve layoff notices
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 19, 2015
- Falls-based Bradley Corporation recieves nod for wellness efforts