Menomonee Falls - A fire that broke out last week at the Radisson Hotel in Menomonee Falls resulted in $30,000 in damages.
A malfunctioning dryer in the rear of the building, W14750 Main Street, is believed to have caught fire at 8:02 a.m. Sept. 25, according to Menomonee Falls Fire Chief Jeffrey Hevey.
An activated sprinkler system kept the fire contained before crews from the Menomonee Falls Fire Department extinguished it completely.
Two Radisson employees were checked for minor smoke inhalation and treated on scene. They did not have to be transported to a hospital. Between 10-12 guests and about 25 employees were evacuated and fire crews checked the hotel rooms to ensure people in the hotel went outside as smoke filtered onto the first, third, fourth and fifth floors. The smoke was ventilated from the building.
The large industrial dryer can hold anywhere from five to six dozen towels, Hevey said.
"It's about ten times the size of the dryer you have at home," he said.
It is believed to have caught fire while operating with items inside.
- Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kindergarten enrollment night set for Feb. 4
- Two suspects charged with passing fake $100 bills at Menomonee Falls Target
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Jan. 29, 2015
- Menomonee Falls district continues discussion on facilities options
- Two-day Menomonee Falls event to feature chili crawl, ice carving
- CMH accepting scholarship applications from Menomonee Falls-area students
- Costco earns approval from Menomonee Falls village officials
- Menomonee Falls could make decision on Costco plans tonight
- Menomonee Falls School Board approves 2015-16 legislative priorities
- Menomonee Falls to make alterations to Open Enrollment, Chapter 220