Menomonee Falls - A fire that broke out last week at the Radisson Hotel in Menomonee Falls resulted in $30,000 in damages.
A malfunctioning dryer in the rear of the building, W14750 Main Street, is believed to have caught fire at 8:02 a.m. Sept. 25, according to Menomonee Falls Fire Chief Jeffrey Hevey.
An activated sprinkler system kept the fire contained before crews from the Menomonee Falls Fire Department extinguished it completely.
Two Radisson employees were checked for minor smoke inhalation and treated on scene. They did not have to be transported to a hospital. Between 10-12 guests and about 25 employees were evacuated and fire crews checked the hotel rooms to ensure people in the hotel went outside as smoke filtered onto the first, third, fourth and fifth floors. The smoke was ventilated from the building.
The large industrial dryer can hold anywhere from five to six dozen towels, Hevey said.
"It's about ten times the size of the dryer you have at home," he said.
It is believed to have caught fire while operating with items inside.
- Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls School Board takes steps to include two referendum questions on April 2016 ballot
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Feb. 26, 2015
- Menomonee Falls woman, local couples vacation with a cause
- Germantown dog doesn't win at Westminster but holds head high
- Damage to vacant Menomonee Falls school property estimated well over $10,000
- Vacant Menomonee Falls school property vandalized
- Falls School Board to discuss public involvement in development of facilities plans
- Muskego-Norway School District to move middle school start time back
- High School students from Menomonee Falls earn honorable mention in JA Business Challenge
- Village board opts to retain historic home as-is in downtown Menomonee Falls