Both the Germantown and Menomonee Falls communities had more than a 90 percent voter turnout following Tuesday's election, with the majority of voters supporting Republican Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney and Republican senatorial Candidate Tommy Thompson.
President Barack Obama won a second term in office when unofficial results poured in Tuesday night. He also won the electorate vote in Wisconsin. Democrat Tammy Baldwin was the first woman from Wisconsin elected to the U.S. Senate, beating Thompson statewide despite Thompson's landslide victory in both villages of Menomonee Falls and Germantown.
Republican Dan Knodl beat Democrat Shan Haqqi for the Menomonee Falls district 24 state assembly seat.
In Menomonee Falls, 93.58 percent of registered voters cast ballots, which is 22,791 votes out of the 24,355 registered voters, according to unofficial election results posted by the Menomonee Falls Clerk Services Department. There were 7,539 absentee ballots issued. As of Wednesday, 7,425 were returned.
There was a 96.38 percent voter turnout in Germantown. There were 12,379 people who cast ballots in the village, out of the 12,844 registered voters, according to unofficial results posted by the Washington County Clerk's Office.
In Menomonee Falls, 63.3 percent of voters selected Romney and Republican Vice Presidential Candidate Paul Ryan, while 34.5 percent voted for Obama and Vice President Joe Biden. Sixty-two percent of voters cast their ballot for Thompson, while 33.2 percent voted for Baldwin.
Romney and Thompson were the clear winners in Germantown. Romney received 68.1 percent of the vote and Thompson received 67 percent. Obama received about 31 percent of the vote, while 30.2 percent of voters selected Baldwin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Food Network stars Sunny Anderson, Damaris Phillips visit Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls woman, 81, to be published nationally
- Menomonee Falls Police Report: Oct. 1, 2015
- Menomonee-Falls based manufacturer receives award for health, wellness programs
- Kohl's pilots Kohl's Café at Menomonee Falls, Delafield locations (1)
- 3 things you can do to protect your family, pets from coyote attacks (5)
- Several coyotes, foxes spotted in Menomonee Falls (3)
- Local churches celebrate, react to Pope Francis' address to Congress
- Menomonee Falls approves developer agreement with E.R. Wagner
- Gloria Dei Lutheran Church welcomes Vicar Steve Bogie