Menomonee Falls - The Menomonee Falls School Board discussed a new way to evaluate administrators throughout the district during a work session Monday night.
The Leadership Reflection and Evaluation System is only relevant to "leaders" in the district, meaning nonteaching staff including the superintendent, assistant principals and all administrative employees. Teachers are now evaluated by the state mandated TeachScape tool.
Superintendent Pat Greco said the administrator evaluation process will eventually be guided by state policy; however, that still has to be developed. In the meantime, the board is discussing a way to evaluate leaders in the district that focuses on development over years of time, not in a single year of growth, Greco said.
The "leaders" will begin the process of evaluation by rating themselves and providing an outline of their progress. On a typical year, the superintendent will then meet with each administrator three times during the year including a fall meeting, midyear meeting and the evaluation summary and goal-setting meeting in June to discuss their progress of meeting their goals. The district is already working with its employees to familiarize them with this process.
Greco will meet with the School Board twice a year, which is the body that gauges her progress.
Since this evaluation system focuses on career development, many "leaders" in the system will not hit the "advanced" category.
"If the expectation is to hit advanced, this would be the wrong format," Greco said. "It's looking at goals over the years from the operation and programming side."
Each evaluation will also include a narrative section where administrators can address positive and negative areas of a leader's work.
This new evaluation format will be used as a guide until state policy necessitates any changes.
- Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What to expect on a Menomonee Falls ballot
- Menomonee Falls Police report: April 2, 2015
- Menomonee Falls parents charged with child neglect after son reports sharing food with dogs
- Falls Village Board President candidates say they each would bring different experience to the role
- Menomonee Falls district approves preliminary layoff notices, letter to legislators
- Temporary burn ban lifted for Waukesha County, Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 26, 2015
- Menomonee Falls family heads up local shoe drive for Dondo Amor
- Proposed bill would allow Germantown school district to start before Sept. 1
- Proposed bill would allow Menomonee Falls school district to start before Sept. 1