Menomonee Falls - The Menomonee Falls School Board discussed a new way to evaluate administrators throughout the district during a work session Monday night.
The Leadership Reflection and Evaluation System is only relevant to "leaders" in the district, meaning nonteaching staff including the superintendent, assistant principals and all administrative employees. Teachers are now evaluated by the state mandated TeachScape tool.
Superintendent Pat Greco said the administrator evaluation process will eventually be guided by state policy; however, that still has to be developed. In the meantime, the board is discussing a way to evaluate leaders in the district that focuses on development over years of time, not in a single year of growth, Greco said.
The "leaders" will begin the process of evaluation by rating themselves and providing an outline of their progress. On a typical year, the superintendent will then meet with each administrator three times during the year including a fall meeting, midyear meeting and the evaluation summary and goal-setting meeting in June to discuss their progress of meeting their goals. The district is already working with its employees to familiarize them with this process.
Greco will meet with the School Board twice a year, which is the body that gauges her progress.
Since this evaluation system focuses on career development, many "leaders" in the system will not hit the "advanced" category.
"If the expectation is to hit advanced, this would be the wrong format," Greco said. "It's looking at goals over the years from the operation and programming side."
Each evaluation will also include a narrative section where administrators can address positive and negative areas of a leader's work.
This new evaluation format will be used as a guide until state policy necessitates any changes.
- Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls police representatives invite public to chat over coffee
- Germantown School Board could make decision about space needs at Rockfield Elementary School
- Falls school district to review facilities plans, ask for community feedback
- Menomonee Falls Police report: April 23, 2015
- Menomonee Falls educators receive national awards
- Menomonee Falls village board president steps down, highlights positives from tenure
- Imagination runs wild in Brookfield East's spring play, 'Twelfth Night'
- Menomonee Falls issues raze or repair order on site of March building collapse
- Menomonee Falls Tazino's remains open
- Pilgrim Road off-ramps in Menomonee Falls to close in both directions April 20