Menomonee Falls - It's a busy time for clerk services at the village of Menomonee Falls as staff members prepare for an influx of absentee voters and continue to seek poll workers for the Nov. 6 election.
Village personnel expect 7,000 residents to vote by absentee ballot before polls open, Village Clerk Janice Moyer said during a presentation to the Village Board on Monday. That is about a 30 percent voter turnout before polls even open.
In the presidential election four years ago, about 4,000 people absentee voted in person. More than 700 requests have been made for absentee ballots so far this year. Four years ago, 6,000 people requested absentee ballots, Moyer said.
Ballots will be delivered to the village this week, and residents who requested ballots will receive them in the mail soon. Nov. 1 is the last day to request an absentee ballot be mailed. In-person absentee voting will be open from Oct. 22 to 5 p.m. Nov. 2.
There is still a need for 15 poll workers to volunteer at one of the 10 polling locations.
"We need more poll workers or it will be a longer line," Moyer said.
"Here's an opportunity for people to serve, and it will be a great opportunity," Village President Randy Newman said.
Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Nov. 6. District maps that list polling locations are located in the lobby at Village Hall and the Menomonee Falls Public Library, N8436 Pilgrim Road.
Voter registration forms need to be postmarked and returned to the village by Oct. 17, or registration can take place at the polls Nov. 6. Moyer said the earlier voters register the better.
Oct. 10 is the last day to establish residency in Menomonee Falls, Moyer said. Voters who move to Falls after Oct. 10 are allowed to vote in their previous place of residency.
WHAT: become a Menomonee Falls poll worker
CONTACT: (262) 532-4212
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- World War II, Korea vet Mathiak dies
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: July 2, 2015
- Civil War encampment and ice cream social at Old Falls Village
- Wheeling for Healing bike ride scheduled for Aug. 8 supports the Cancer Care Center
- Tornado Brewing opens location in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Comedian has eyes on a brighter future
- Menomonee Falls has a sweet way to remove hair
- Menomonee Falls water report now available online
- The Community league hosts their first ever garden tour in Menomonee Falls