Menomonee Falls - It's a busy time for clerk services at the village of Menomonee Falls as staff members prepare for an influx of absentee voters and continue to seek poll workers for the Nov. 6 election.
Village personnel expect 7,000 residents to vote by absentee ballot before polls open, Village Clerk Janice Moyer said during a presentation to the Village Board on Monday. That is about a 30 percent voter turnout before polls even open.
In the presidential election four years ago, about 4,000 people absentee voted in person. More than 700 requests have been made for absentee ballots so far this year. Four years ago, 6,000 people requested absentee ballots, Moyer said.
Ballots will be delivered to the village this week, and residents who requested ballots will receive them in the mail soon. Nov. 1 is the last day to request an absentee ballot be mailed. In-person absentee voting will be open from Oct. 22 to 5 p.m. Nov. 2.
There is still a need for 15 poll workers to volunteer at one of the 10 polling locations.
"We need more poll workers or it will be a longer line," Moyer said.
"Here's an opportunity for people to serve, and it will be a great opportunity," Village President Randy Newman said.
Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Nov. 6. District maps that list polling locations are located in the lobby at Village Hall and the Menomonee Falls Public Library, N8436 Pilgrim Road.
Voter registration forms need to be postmarked and returned to the village by Oct. 17, or registration can take place at the polls Nov. 6. Moyer said the earlier voters register the better.
Oct. 10 is the last day to establish residency in Menomonee Falls, Moyer said. Voters who move to Falls after Oct. 10 are allowed to vote in their previous place of residency.
WHAT: become a Menomonee Falls poll worker
CONTACT: (262) 532-4212
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction to start on Highway 175 in Washington County
- Menomonee Falls Dance Team to compete in kick, jazz at state competition Feb. 6
- Menomonee Falls Comprehensive Plan complete, set for possible approval this spring
- Park plans include upgrades to Village Park, new park on southwest side in Menomonee Falls
- School District of Menomonee Falls to continue examining results of one-time Badger exam
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Menomonee Falls board to review plans for improvements to Village Park, new park on southwest side
- Students host "Red Out" game at Menomonee Falls High School
- Ally's Bistro begins construction on expansion; slated to finish in June (1)
- School District of Menomonee Falls approves Sept. 1 start date