Menomonee Falls - It's a busy time for clerk services at the village of Menomonee Falls as staff members prepare for an influx of absentee voters and continue to seek poll workers for the Nov. 6 election.
Village personnel expect 7,000 residents to vote by absentee ballot before polls open, Village Clerk Janice Moyer said during a presentation to the Village Board on Monday. That is about a 30 percent voter turnout before polls even open.
In the presidential election four years ago, about 4,000 people absentee voted in person. More than 700 requests have been made for absentee ballots so far this year. Four years ago, 6,000 people requested absentee ballots, Moyer said.
Ballots will be delivered to the village this week, and residents who requested ballots will receive them in the mail soon. Nov. 1 is the last day to request an absentee ballot be mailed. In-person absentee voting will be open from Oct. 22 to 5 p.m. Nov. 2.
There is still a need for 15 poll workers to volunteer at one of the 10 polling locations.
"We need more poll workers or it will be a longer line," Moyer said.
"Here's an opportunity for people to serve, and it will be a great opportunity," Village President Randy Newman said.
Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Nov. 6. District maps that list polling locations are located in the lobby at Village Hall and the Menomonee Falls Public Library, N8436 Pilgrim Road.
Voter registration forms need to be postmarked and returned to the village by Oct. 17, or registration can take place at the polls Nov. 6. Moyer said the earlier voters register the better.
Oct. 10 is the last day to establish residency in Menomonee Falls, Moyer said. Voters who move to Falls after Oct. 10 are allowed to vote in their previous place of residency.
WHAT: become a Menomonee Falls poll worker
CONTACT: (262) 532-4212
- Getting to know Menomonee Falls Little League President Donald Patten
- Work on Pilgrim Road to begin in Menomonee Falls, will be temporary
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- My Fair Lady takes to the stage in Falls Patio Players production
- Menomonee Falls' A Better Me wellness spa takes unique approach to relaxation
- The Falls Guy, April 21, 2016: Their field of dreams is ready to open
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 21, 2016
- Menomonee Falls High School FBLA team clinches state for the third year in a row
- Custom Data Too Mail to open in Falls Commerce Center in Menomonee Falls
- Leadership, service earn St. Mary Parish School national recognition (1)