Menomonee Falls Fire Department Chief Jeffrey Hevey has left his post to take a new position in Texas.
Hevey's last day with the Falls Fire Department was July 5, confirmed Menomonee Falls Chief of Police Anna Ruzinski. Word initially surfaced on social media in June that Hevey was leaving for Texas, but he would not comment until details were finalized.
Donald Umhoefer is serving as the acting fire chief.
Hevey was named fire chief of the Harris County Emergency Service District No. 48, which is located in western Harris County between Houston and Katy, Texas. The district services a community of more than 100,000 people within a 45-square mile area.
Hevey was appointed as the Menomonee Falls Fire Department chief in January 2009.
"We wish him well, it's a great opportunity for him and we understand why he made that decision," Ruzinski said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Why Menomonee Falls and Germantown might be starting to bounce back post-recession
- Taxes to go down for Falls school district residents
- Car salesman allegedly stole dealership vehicle, crashed it while drunk
- Republican Party of Waukesha County calling for election observers
- Wisconsin farmers host Southeast Asia grain and feed buyers
- Menomonee Falls author donates book proceeds to Wounded Warriors
- U.S. Department of Labor fines local company more than $130,000 for violations, endangering employee
- Menomonee Falls Radisson Hotel is officially under new ownership
- Menomonee Falls Police report: October 23, 2014
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 22 Voter's Guide