Menomonee Falls Fire Department Chief Jeffrey Hevey has left his post to take a new position in Texas.
Hevey's last day with the Falls Fire Department was July 5, confirmed Menomonee Falls Chief of Police Anna Ruzinski. Word initially surfaced on social media in June that Hevey was leaving for Texas, but he would not comment until details were finalized.
Donald Umhoefer is serving as the acting fire chief.
Hevey was named fire chief of the Harris County Emergency Service District No. 48, which is located in western Harris County between Houston and Katy, Texas. The district services a community of more than 100,000 people within a 45-square mile area.
Hevey was appointed as the Menomonee Falls Fire Department chief in January 2009.
"We wish him well, it's a great opportunity for him and we understand why he made that decision," Ruzinski said.
- FBI raids Menomonee Falls home
- Menomonee Falls' Thomas Jefferson Middle School hosts one last hurrah before demolition
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: June 30, 2016 (3)
- Menomonee Falls Challengers put heart back into the ball game
- Falls Guy, June 30: A new member of the team
- Menomonee Falls to hold forum on East Main Street redevelopment
- Police continue search for suspect in indecent exposure incident in Menomonee Falls
- Tri-County YMCA plans improvements to Menomonee Falls facility, family programming
- Local woman to show off beautiful blooms in Garden Tour
- A (Cherry) Pit stop for Menomonee Falls recording studio