Menomonee Falls Fire Department Chief Jeffrey Hevey has left his post to take a new position in Texas.
Hevey's last day with the Falls Fire Department was July 5, confirmed Menomonee Falls Chief of Police Anna Ruzinski. Word initially surfaced on social media in June that Hevey was leaving for Texas, but he would not comment until details were finalized.
Donald Umhoefer is serving as the acting fire chief.
Hevey was named fire chief of the Harris County Emergency Service District No. 48, which is located in western Harris County between Houston and Katy, Texas. The district services a community of more than 100,000 people within a 45-square mile area.
Hevey was appointed as the Menomonee Falls Fire Department chief in January 2009.
"We wish him well, it's a great opportunity for him and we understand why he made that decision," Ruzinski said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video: Students help break ground for Rockfield addition
- Getting to know Dennis Farrell
- Scion Dental awarded the management of 650,000 through Maryland Healthy Smiles program
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Nov. 26, 2015
- Shady Lane Elementary offers students buddy bench on playground
- Kohl's, Bartolotta team up to service Menomonee Falls corporate campus
- Alto-Shaam granted Patriot Award for support of employee in the National Guard
- Social Haus proposal for Menomonee Falls moves forward with extended indoor, limited outdoor hours (2)
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Nov. 19, 2015
- Falls Guy, Nov. 19, 2015: It's time to turn the page