Germantown and Menomonee Falls Memorial Day events start at 10 a.m. Monday.
Germantown's Memorial Day ceremony begins at 10 a.m. with a visitation of six cemeteries in the village starting at Last Home Cemetery located on Pilgrim Road, just north of Mequon Road.
After visiting area cemeteries, the group arrives at 11 a.m. at the Veterans Memorial on the corner of Park Avenue and Freistadt Road. There will be a reading of the names of veterans who have been added to the memorial. A flag disposal service follows at the American Legion Post, W15932 Freistadt Road. The public is welcome to attend.
Menomonee Falls is hosting its annual parade at 10 a.m. starting at Harrison and Main streets. The parade travels west on Main to Grand Avenue and from Grand Avenue to Neu's Hardware on Richfield Way.
For information on the parade, call (262) 255-5125
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What residents of Menomonee Falls, Germantown need to know to prevent the spread of the Zika Virus
- New Director of Business Services for the School District of Menomonee Falls settling into new role
- School District of Menomonee Falls faces $1.1 million budget deficit in 2016-17
- Man guilty of sexually assaulting Menomonee Falls teenager forced into relationship with him
- Things To Do: Feb. 11, 2016
- Patio Players bring out the laughs in female 'Odd Couple'
- UPDATE: Nine crashes, 25 damaged vehicles reported in Feb. 9 crash on Highway 41 in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- School District of Menomonee Falls could lose administrative staff member Gary Kiltz to Greendale
- The Falls Guy, Feb. 11, 2016: Not quite Super