Menomonee Falls - ValuCare Pharmacy is closing its doors Aug. 22 and moving its services to CVS Pharmacy after being in business more than 30 years in Menomonee Falls.
ValuCare Pharmacy, W15882 Appleton Ave., opened in 1978. Owner Tom Berg, as well has his staff, are moving to CVS Pharmacy on Aug. 23.
CVS, W15550 Appleton Ave., will take over all of ValuCare's prescription files.
"I'm going to be there and my staff is going there, it will just be a different door to walk through," Berg said. "You're still going to me. I'm going to answer all your questions."
Opening ValuCare Pharmacy was the best business decision Berg ever made; however, the years of fighting with insurance companies and the low reimbursements rates have forced Berg and his wife to close the business.
"The emotional and physical stress of running a business and trying to fight for every nickel that I can get from the insurance company is just taking its toll," Berg said. "By moving my prescription files, I can practice pharmacy as a profession more so than as a business."
He said the relationships he has built over the years with the people of Menomonee Falls has been "incredibly rewarding."
Despite the closure of ValuCare, Berg said he is confident nothing will change for patients and customers except the location.
Berg is planning a customer/patient appreciation day to thank all his customers throughout the years on Aug. 22 as he wraps up his last day in business.
"We will do our best to say thank you," Berg said. "Hopefully, this will go smoothly."
- Danielle Switalski
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Major phase in Menomonee Falls' White Stone Station completed
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- The Falls Guy, July 28, 2016: A trip down memory lane
- Menomonee Falls woman dreams of starting whoopie pie dessert bus
- Menomonee Falls man pleads guilty to homicide after killing bicyclist
- Wanakia Wildlife gives a bird's-eye view to Menomonee Falls Nature Camp kids
- Taste of Germantown event to raise funds for pavilion
- Old Falls Village brings Civil War to life
- Menomonee Falls woman arrested for OWI after running over her fiancé