Falls Plan Commission approves apartment complex
153-unit development proposed at Appleton and Good Hope
Menomonee Falls — The Menomonee Falls Plan Commission last week approved plans for a 153-unit, five building apartment complex on the northwest corner of Appleton Avenue and Good Hope Road.
Fiduciary Real Estate, the project developer, requested that the precise implementation plan for that area of the village be modified to accommodate the development known as The Woodlands. The plan will now be sent to the Village Board for final approval.
If approved, Fiduciary would develop The Woodlands in two phases on 5 acres of land. The first phase includes 63 apartments, in a pair of three-story buildings, south of Lund Lane. The second phase includes 90 apartments, in three three-story buildings, planned for north of Lund Lane.
The proposed development features one- and two-bedroom apartments, a fitness center, clubroom with a kitchenette, and additional storage facilities on site. There are 266 parking stalls planned — 162 of those in an enclosed space, and 104 surface spots.
Construction is anticipated to start in spring, according to Village Manager Mark Fitzgerald. The developer plans to first work on the southern portion of the development that includes two buildings located along Good Hope Road.
— Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police searching for 2 men for armed robbery at Craigslist sale
- Menomonee Falls Village Board approves sale of Radisson Hotel
- Menomonee Falls High School student named National Merit Scholarship semifinalist
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 11, 2014
- Kohl's seeks to unload Woodland Prime building
- Trapped: An inside look at the effect of ALS on people, families and the community
- School district taxes remain flat for Menomonee Falls residents
- Menomonee Falls man dies in house fire
- Menomonee Falls Target store evacuated
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 4, 2014