Menomonee Falls - A 19-year-old Fond du Lac man was arrested after he fled from Menomonee Falls police and crashed his car with three young children inside on Oct. 1.
According to Menomonee Falls police:
At 6 p.m., Menomonee Falls police received an alert from the Fond du Lac Police Department regarding an attempt to locate a man driving a red, 2002 Toyota Sequoia. The driver of the car, a 19-year-old Fond du Lac man, allegedly abducted three young children after a domestic violence incident in Fond du Lac.
Menomonee Falls officers located the vehicle and pulled it over in the 12400 block of U. S. Highway 41. When the officers approached the vehicle and attempted to talk to the driver he sped away, initiating a police pursuit. The pursuit ended when the vehicle crashed on the 124th Street exit ramp from Highway 145.
The driver fled the car, leaving the three young children behind. The foot pursuit ended when canine officer Tyson located the suspect in the courtyard of a business at 11770 Lake Park Drive in Milwaukee.
He was taken into custody and is facing multiple charges, including drunken driving with minors as passengers, three counts of reckless endangerment, obstructing an officer and bail jumping. He is also facing kidnapping and domestic violence charges in Fond du Lac.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police report: October 2, 2014
- Menomonee Falls employees, district to see slight increase to premiums
- Ben Franklin Elementary receives significant facility improvements
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Menomonee Falls students learn about medicine, themselves at Community Memorial Hospital
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 25, 2014
- Plans confirmed for modern industrial development in Menomonee Falls
- Small plane crashes in Lannon
- Kohl's announces holiday hiring plans
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 18, 2014