Menomonee Falls - A 19-year-old Fond du Lac man was arrested after he fled from Menomonee Falls police and crashed his car with three young children inside on Oct. 1.
According to Menomonee Falls police:
At 6 p.m., Menomonee Falls police received an alert from the Fond du Lac Police Department regarding an attempt to locate a man driving a red, 2002 Toyota Sequoia. The driver of the car, a 19-year-old Fond du Lac man, allegedly abducted three young children after a domestic violence incident in Fond du Lac.
Menomonee Falls officers located the vehicle and pulled it over in the 12400 block of U. S. Highway 41. When the officers approached the vehicle and attempted to talk to the driver he sped away, initiating a police pursuit. The pursuit ended when the vehicle crashed on the 124th Street exit ramp from Highway 145.
The driver fled the car, leaving the three young children behind. The foot pursuit ended when canine officer Tyson located the suspect in the courtyard of a business at 11770 Lake Park Drive in Milwaukee.
He was taken into custody and is facing multiple charges, including drunken driving with minors as passengers, three counts of reckless endangerment, obstructing an officer and bail jumping. He is also facing kidnapping and domestic violence charges in Fond du Lac.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What to expect on the Nov. 4 ballot
- Learning is sweet for students when Stacy Leuty is in the classroom
- Menomonee Falls Police report: October 30, 2014
- Why Menomonee Falls and Germantown might be starting to bounce back post-recession
- Taxes to go down for Falls school district residents
- Car salesman allegedly stole dealership vehicle, crashed it while drunk
- Republican Party of Waukesha County calling for election observers
- Wisconsin farmers host Southeast Asia grain and feed buyers
- Menomonee Falls author donates book proceeds to Wounded Warriors
- U.S. Department of Labor fines local company more than $130,000 for violations, endangering employee