CNN Money named Menomonee Falls as one of the 50 best places to live in the U.S. Falls was the only place in Wisconsin to make the list.
Menomonee Falls was 28th out of the 50 towns in America listed as the best places to live, according to CNN Money's 2013 rankings of municipalities in America with populations between 10,000 and 50,000 residents. Menomonee Falls has a population of 35,974 people.
The rankings were based on a multitude of factors including housing, demographics, education, employment opportunities and crime. Crime in 2012 was down by 9 percent, according to statistics released in January to NOW by the Menomonee Falls Police Department. That was the fifth consecutive year crime in the village decreased.
Listed among the reasons CNN Money chose Menomonee Falls was the fact that it is home to several large employers including the headquarters of Kohl's Corp. and a Harley-Davidson factory.
Job growth in Menomonee Falls sits at 2.14 percent. According to CNN Money, Menomonee Falls is also known as a good place to buy a starter home.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls losing experienced leaders
- Germantown police warn man for brandishing switchblade at stop light
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Falls to begin short-term fix of Menomonee Avenue
- Falls board approves building two new fire stations
- ChemWorks plan called objectionable by Falls commission
- Teacher pay ranges established
- Sharing life's sweet moments
- Community Calendar: April 10