The village of Menomonee Falls was recently named one of the safest cities in America.
This honor was received from the neighborhood research site Neighborhood Scout, which looked at cities with a population of over 25,000. The award will be presented in front of the Menomonee Falls Village Board at 6:30 p.m. Monday at Village Hall, N8480 Pilgrim Road, according to Police Chief Anna Ruzinski.
The award was unsolicited and based on the total number of crimes per 1,000 residents. Data used for the research included the total crimes in the village reported to the FBI, as well as the total population.
Crime statistics reflect the 2011 calendar year, which are the most recent vetted by the FBI.
To learn more about the ranking, visit neighborhoodscout.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stakeholders host public information meeting to discuss future of Germantown golf course land
- Falls police investigating armed bank robbery
- Overnight fire damages Menomonee Falls home
- Village adds acre to sewer service area
- Menomonee Falls Parkway, Megal Drive water main among notable 2013 projects
- Menomonee Falls manufacturer Ultra Tool plans expansion
- Kohl's to return $2M grant from Falls
- Germantown police investigating slew of overnight vehicle break-ins
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- Falls plans future of Woodland Prime after Kohl's backs out of development (3)