The village of Menomonee Falls was recently named one of the safest cities in America.
This honor was received from the neighborhood research site Neighborhood Scout, which looked at cities with a population of over 25,000. The award will be presented in front of the Menomonee Falls Village Board at 6:30 p.m. Monday at Village Hall, N8480 Pilgrim Road, according to Police Chief Anna Ruzinski.
The award was unsolicited and based on the total number of crimes per 1,000 residents. Data used for the research included the total crimes in the village reported to the FBI, as well as the total population.
Crime statistics reflect the 2011 calendar year, which are the most recent vetted by the FBI.
To learn more about the ranking, visit neighborhoodscout.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Two suspects in custody after armed robbery at Associated Bank
- Enrollment lower than expected in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: October 16, 2014
- Leaf Collection has begun in Menomonee Falls
- 'Good news' for water users in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls accommodates continued growth on Main Street
- Menomonee Falls Police report: October 9, 2014
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Oct. 9
- Upcoming Menomonee Falls festival supports local causes
- Menomonee Falls mom talks blood disorders with FDA