Menomonee Falls - Students in the Menomonee Falls High School class of 2012 who took the ACT outscored their peers around the state.
The ACT test is a national assessment that many universities in the Midwest use in the admissions process. The overall composite ACT score for the class of 2012 was 22.9, eight-tenths of a point higher than the state average of 22.1.
The composite score is lower than the past two years; however, more Menomonee Falls seniors took the ACT test than in the past five years.
"We are focused though not just on the score but on getting more students participating so they too get the feedback on their college preparation," said Superintendent Patricia Greco. "We could limit participation and focus on the score or focus on both, that is our target."
There were 291 students who took the test, which is 12 more than last year and 29 more than five years age, according to the Menomonee Falls School District. This means 73.1 percent of students in grade 12 took the ACT.
"The teachers are working very closely on the curricular alignment and the efforts are paying off," Greco said. "We remain focused on increasing the participation rates and keeping the score levels high."
The class of 2011 had a composite score of 23.1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Dec. 3, 2015
- Falls Guy, Dec. 3, 2015: Finding some resolve
- Three to be added to Menomonee Falls High School Wall of Recognition
- Menomonee Falls High School alumna bikes 15,000 miles for charity
- Video: Students help break ground for Rockfield addition
- Getting to know Dennis Farrell
- Scion Dental awarded the management of 650,000 through Maryland Healthy Smiles program
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Nov. 26, 2015
- Shady Lane Elementary offers students buddy bench on playground
- Kohl's, Bartolotta team up to service Menomonee Falls corporate campus