Menomonee Falls - Students in the Menomonee Falls High School class of 2012 who took the ACT outscored their peers around the state.
The ACT test is a national assessment that many universities in the Midwest use in the admissions process. The overall composite ACT score for the class of 2012 was 22.9, eight-tenths of a point higher than the state average of 22.1.
The composite score is lower than the past two years; however, more Menomonee Falls seniors took the ACT test than in the past five years.
"We are focused though not just on the score but on getting more students participating so they too get the feedback on their college preparation," said Superintendent Patricia Greco. "We could limit participation and focus on the score or focus on both, that is our target."
There were 291 students who took the test, which is 12 more than last year and 29 more than five years age, according to the Menomonee Falls School District. This means 73.1 percent of students in grade 12 took the ACT.
"The teachers are working very closely on the curricular alignment and the efforts are paying off," Greco said. "We remain focused on increasing the participation rates and keeping the score levels high."
The class of 2011 had a composite score of 23.1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MMSD expansion prepares area near CMH in Menomonee Falls for future residential development
- Sussex man receives national award for cleaning house, building relationships
- Menomonee Falls opts not to offer new Chapter 220 seats, fewer open enrollment seats in 2015-16
- Menomonee Falls district doesn't change stance on use of Common Core
- Man pleads not guilty to sexually assaulting a Menomonee Falls teenager
- Menomonee Falls Ponzi schemer strikes plea deal
- Ask Now: Too much goose use of Fox Brook Park?
- Kindergarten enrollment night set for Feb. 4
- Two suspects charged with passing fake $100 bills at Menomonee Falls Target
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Jan. 29, 2015