Menomonee Falls - Students in the Menomonee Falls High School class of 2012 who took the ACT outscored their peers around the state.
The ACT test is a national assessment that many universities in the Midwest use in the admissions process. The overall composite ACT score for the class of 2012 was 22.9, eight-tenths of a point higher than the state average of 22.1.
The composite score is lower than the past two years; however, more Menomonee Falls seniors took the ACT test than in the past five years.
"We are focused though not just on the score but on getting more students participating so they too get the feedback on their college preparation," said Superintendent Patricia Greco. "We could limit participation and focus on the score or focus on both, that is our target."
There were 291 students who took the test, which is 12 more than last year and 29 more than five years age, according to the Menomonee Falls School District. This means 73.1 percent of students in grade 12 took the ACT.
"The teachers are working very closely on the curricular alignment and the efforts are paying off," Greco said. "We remain focused on increasing the participation rates and keeping the score levels high."
The class of 2011 had a composite score of 23.1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction to start on Highway 175 in Washington County
- Menomonee Falls Dance Team to compete in kick, jazz at state competition Feb. 6
- Menomonee Falls Comprehensive Plan complete, set for possible approval this spring
- Park plans include upgrades to Village Park, new park on southwest side in Menomonee Falls
- School District of Menomonee Falls to continue examining results of one-time Badger exam
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Menomonee Falls board to review plans for improvements to Village Park, new park on southwest side
- Students host "Red Out" game at Menomonee Falls High School (1)
- Ally's Bistro begins construction on expansion; slated to finish in June (1)
- School District of Menomonee Falls approves Sept. 1 start date