Menomonee Falls - Students in the Menomonee Falls High School class of 2012 who took the ACT outscored their peers around the state.
The ACT test is a national assessment that many universities in the Midwest use in the admissions process. The overall composite ACT score for the class of 2012 was 22.9, eight-tenths of a point higher than the state average of 22.1.
The composite score is lower than the past two years; however, more Menomonee Falls seniors took the ACT test than in the past five years.
"We are focused though not just on the score but on getting more students participating so they too get the feedback on their college preparation," said Superintendent Patricia Greco. "We could limit participation and focus on the score or focus on both, that is our target."
There were 291 students who took the test, which is 12 more than last year and 29 more than five years age, according to the Menomonee Falls School District. This means 73.1 percent of students in grade 12 took the ACT.
"The teachers are working very closely on the curricular alignment and the efforts are paying off," Greco said. "We remain focused on increasing the participation rates and keeping the score levels high."
The class of 2011 had a composite score of 23.1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Old Falls Village Days set for weekend of May 30-31
- Bank of Memories and Flowers owner Melissa Maas wins award from Floral Association
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 21, 2015
- Menomonee Falls WWII veteran Lester Tews looks forward to Honor Flight
- First Bank Financial Centre of Menomonee Falls gives back to community
- Permit pulled, plans progress for demolition, reconstruction of North Hills Plaza
- Road construction season affects more than Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 14, 2015
- Brandtjen's May listening session to be held in the Falls on May 17
- Pilgrim Road Bridge demolition to happen in next few days, freeway to close