Menomonee Falls - Menomonee Falls will continue providing snow services to Lannon for a set cost this winter.
The Village Board on Monday unanimously agreed to provide snow and ice control services to the village of Lannon beginning Nov. 1 and continuing through April 30.
Menomonee Falls will salt and plow the local public streets under the jurisdiction of Lannon according to the same schedule and manner that is provided in Falls. The intergovernmental agreement was first started in the winter of 2004-05, Trustee Michael McDonald said.
The cost to provide services is $79.51 per hour for labor and $70.30 per hour for running the truck, which is the same cost as last year.
McDonald said the cost of salt per ton has gone down. This year, Lannon will be charged $55.97 per ton, compared to $56.16 per ton. This includes the cost of salt storage and loading.
There also is an administrative fee that is 10 percent of the total costs for labor, trucks and salt.
- By Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- UberDork Cafe opens in Falls
- Menomonee Falls approves Kwik Trip plans
- Menomonee Falls approves flat tax rate for 2015
- Menomonee Falls School Board lobbies for funding, local control
- Fundraising party for childhood cancer honors Graham's memory
- Graham's memory honored with fundraising party for childhood cancer
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Nov. 13, 2014
- Quest Specialty Coatings challenges OSHA findings
- The community reacts to loss of local legend Ernie Von Schledorn
- Menomonee Falls Radisson Hotel finances come full circle