Menomonee Falls - Menomonee Falls will continue providing snow services to Lannon for a set cost this winter.
The Village Board on Monday unanimously agreed to provide snow and ice control services to the village of Lannon beginning Nov. 1 and continuing through April 30.
Menomonee Falls will salt and plow the local public streets under the jurisdiction of Lannon according to the same schedule and manner that is provided in Falls. The intergovernmental agreement was first started in the winter of 2004-05, Trustee Michael McDonald said.
The cost to provide services is $79.51 per hour for labor and $70.30 per hour for running the truck, which is the same cost as last year.
McDonald said the cost of salt per ton has gone down. This year, Lannon will be charged $55.97 per ton, compared to $56.16 per ton. This includes the cost of salt storage and loading.
There also is an administrative fee that is 10 percent of the total costs for labor, trucks and salt.
- By Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plans proceed for former Falls Starbucks in Rivercrest Center
- Water Council gathers at Bradley Corporation in Menomonee Falls
- Landscape company in Menomonee Falls to increase staff by 40 percent
- Menomonee Falls Saddle Club celebrates 50th anniversary
- Falls Plan Commission to review new commercial development plans near Woodman's
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 5, 2015
- Menomonee Falls remodeling company receives high honors at state awards
- Two people taken to the hospital following March 1 crash in Menomonee Falls
- Construction to begin on expanded emergency department at CMH in Menomonee Falls