Menomonee Falls - Menomonee Falls will continue providing snow services to Lannon for a set cost this winter.
The Village Board on Monday unanimously agreed to provide snow and ice control services to the village of Lannon beginning Nov. 1 and continuing through April 30.
Menomonee Falls will salt and plow the local public streets under the jurisdiction of Lannon according to the same schedule and manner that is provided in Falls. The intergovernmental agreement was first started in the winter of 2004-05, Trustee Michael McDonald said.
The cost to provide services is $79.51 per hour for labor and $70.30 per hour for running the truck, which is the same cost as last year.
McDonald said the cost of salt per ton has gone down. This year, Lannon will be charged $55.97 per ton, compared to $56.16 per ton. This includes the cost of salt storage and loading.
There also is an administrative fee that is 10 percent of the total costs for labor, trucks and salt.
- By Danielle Switalski
- Local woman to show off beautiful blooms in Garden Tour
- A (Cherry) Pit stop for Menomonee Falls recording studio
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Yellow bricks at Thomas Jefferson found to contain lead paint (2)
- Menomonee Falls man accused of inappropriately touching woman with dementia
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: June 16, 2016
- Vitale to take over as principal at Menomonee Falls High School
- Vitale named principal at Menomonee Falls High School
- Menomonee Falls students receive $66K in scholarships
- Menomonee Falls Public Library holds 'Food for Fines Week'