Menomonee Falls - Menomonee Falls will continue providing snow services to Lannon for a set cost this winter.
The Village Board on Monday unanimously agreed to provide snow and ice control services to the village of Lannon beginning Nov. 1 and continuing through April 30.
Menomonee Falls will salt and plow the local public streets under the jurisdiction of Lannon according to the same schedule and manner that is provided in Falls. The intergovernmental agreement was first started in the winter of 2004-05, Trustee Michael McDonald said.
The cost to provide services is $79.51 per hour for labor and $70.30 per hour for running the truck, which is the same cost as last year.
McDonald said the cost of salt per ton has gone down. This year, Lannon will be charged $55.97 per ton, compared to $56.16 per ton. This includes the cost of salt storage and loading.
There also is an administrative fee that is 10 percent of the total costs for labor, trucks and salt.
- By Danielle Switalski
- Farmers markets springing to life in Sussex, Butler, Menomonee Falls
- Old Falls Village Days set for June 4-5
- Street festival to mark Memorial Day in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- The 'wurst' idea for the best summer
- Load your basket with these picnic tips
- Something for all us to scream about: Ice cream tips for a hot, hot summer
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Menomonee Falls North Middle School seventh-grader to compete at National Spelling Bee
- Overnight closure of Highway 45 at I-41/US 45 split