Three seats are open in spring on the Germantown School Board and filing has been extended to Monday for one of those positions.
Germantown School Board member Diana Kline did not file the correct paperwork declaring a re-election run or noncandidacy for seat four by the 5 p.m. deadline Wednesday, which means filing for that seat has to be extended until 5 p.m. Monday.
Kline can no longer run, according to the Germantown School District; however, since the incumbent did not file the necessary paperwork, the deadline is extended.
Germantown residents Jill North and Brian Medved have filed for her seat on the School Board. They will run against each other in the April 2 election provided no one else files for seat four. If a third candidate files, there will be a primary election in February.
Incumbents Bruce Warnimont and Michael Loth, whose terms expire in April, will run unopposed in spring. Warnimont holds seat two and Loth holds seat six.
Board members serve three-year terms and receive $4,000 annually.
Filing for local government did close Wednesday. Germantown Village Board President Dean Wolter has decided to run for re-election as did District 2 Trustee Shane Daniels. They will both run unopposed.
Trustees and the president serve three-year terms. Trustees receive $5,500 a year and the president receives $8,000 annually.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police report: April 30, 2015
- Falls police representatives invite public to chat over coffee
- Germantown School Board could make decision about space needs at Rockfield Elementary School
- Falls school district to review facilities plans, ask for community feedback
- Menomonee Falls Police report: April 23, 2015
- Menomonee Falls educators receive national awards
- Menomonee Falls village board president steps down, highlights positives from tenure
- Imagination runs wild in Brookfield East's spring play, 'Twelfth Night'
- Menomonee Falls issues raze or repair order on site of March building collapse
- Menomonee Falls Tazino's remains open