The time is up for residents to file to run for open positions during the spring election for school boards and local municipalities.
Three terms on the Menomonee Falls Village Board will expire in April: seat four, currently held by Mike McDonald; seat five, held by Jeff Steliga; and seat six, held by Steve Raymonds.
All three incumbents are running once more. Real Estate Agent Bonnie Lemmer is running against Steliga for seat five. McDonald is contested by Jeremy Walz. Raymonds will run unopposed.
Village trustees serve three-year terms and receive $5,500 annually.
Three people are running for the three open seats up for election on the Menomonee Falls School Board. Incumbents Faith VanderHorst and Scott Ternes and Valley View Elementary Parent Teacher Association President Michele Divelbiss are running for the School Board seats.
School Board Member Lori Blodorn, whose seat expires in April, recently resigned from the board and accepted a position as human resources manager with the Menomonee Falls School District. The board at its Jan. 14 regular meeting will discuss what to do with the open seat from now until the April election.
School Board members are paid $5,000 annually and the president earns $5,500 per year. They serve three-year terms. The board will select its officers and assign committee members shortly after the April 2 election.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Old Falls Village Days set for weekend of May 30-31
- Bank of Memories and Flowers owner Melissa Maas wins award from Floral Association
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 21, 2015
- Menomonee Falls WWII veteran Lester Tews looks forward to Honor Flight
- First Bank Financial Centre of Menomonee Falls gives back to community
- Permit pulled, plans progress for demolition, reconstruction of North Hills Plaza
- Road construction season affects more than Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 14, 2015
- Brandtjen's May listening session to be held in the Falls on May 17
- Pilgrim Road Bridge demolition to happen in next few days, freeway to close