The time is up for residents to file to run for open positions during the spring election for school boards and local municipalities.
Three terms on the Menomonee Falls Village Board will expire in April: seat four, currently held by Mike McDonald; seat five, held by Jeff Steliga; and seat six, held by Steve Raymonds.
All three incumbents are running once more. Real Estate Agent Bonnie Lemmer is running against Steliga for seat five. McDonald is contested by Jeremy Walz. Raymonds will run unopposed.
Village trustees serve three-year terms and receive $5,500 annually.
Three people are running for the three open seats up for election on the Menomonee Falls School Board. Incumbents Faith VanderHorst and Scott Ternes and Valley View Elementary Parent Teacher Association President Michele Divelbiss are running for the School Board seats.
School Board Member Lori Blodorn, whose seat expires in April, recently resigned from the board and accepted a position as human resources manager with the Menomonee Falls School District. The board at its Jan. 14 regular meeting will discuss what to do with the open seat from now until the April election.
School Board members are paid $5,000 annually and the president earns $5,500 per year. They serve three-year terms. The board will select its officers and assign committee members shortly after the April 2 election.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction to start on Highway 175 in Washington County
- Menomonee Falls Dance Team to compete in kick, jazz at state competition Feb. 6
- Menomonee Falls Comprehensive Plan complete, set for possible approval this spring
- Park plans include upgrades to Village Park, new park on southwest side in Menomonee Falls
- School District of Menomonee Falls to continue examining results of one-time Badger exam
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Menomonee Falls board to review plans for improvements to Village Park, new park on southwest side
- Students host "Red Out" game at Menomonee Falls High School
- Ally's Bistro begins construction on expansion; slated to finish in June (1)
- School District of Menomonee Falls approves Sept. 1 start date