A fire that broke out Wednesday afternoon in Menomonee Falls caused $150,000 in damages to a single-story, family residence.
Five people were inside the home at W1355 Mary Dale Drive when it caught fire. All made it out safely. A bystander was able to take the family into the car after they left the home.
The fire was started by a cooking appliance outside, which caught the outside of the house on fire before it quickly spread inside the house and up into the attic, said Menomonee Falls Fire Chief Jeff Hevey.
The Menomonee Falls Fire Department received the first call at 1:38 p.m. Multiple 911 calls came from an office building next door to the home, Hevey said.
The Fire Department was on scene at 1:41 p.m. and had the fire extinguished about an hour later.
The family is being cared for by the American Red Cross.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Costco earns approval from Menomonee Falls village officials
- Menomonee Falls could make decision on Costco plans tonight
- Menomonee Falls School Board approves 2015-16 legislative priorities
- Menomonee Falls to make alterations to Open Enrollment, Chapter 220
- Menomonee Falls man arrested for holding neighbor at gun point
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Jan. 15, 2015
- Talking all things Green Bay Packers with a Menomonee Falls icon
- Menomonee Falls brings closure to Advanced Waste issue
- Costco proposal in Menomonee Falls moves forward