A fire that broke out Wednesday afternoon in Menomonee Falls caused $150,000 in damages to a single-story, family residence.
Five people were inside the home at W1355 Mary Dale Drive when it caught fire. All made it out safely. A bystander was able to take the family into the car after they left the home.
The fire was started by a cooking appliance outside, which caught the outside of the house on fire before it quickly spread inside the house and up into the attic, said Menomonee Falls Fire Chief Jeff Hevey.
The Menomonee Falls Fire Department received the first call at 1:38 p.m. Multiple 911 calls came from an office building next door to the home, Hevey said.
The Fire Department was on scene at 1:41 p.m. and had the fire extinguished about an hour later.
The family is being cared for by the American Red Cross.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What residents in Southeast Wisconsin need to know to prevent the spread of Zika virus
- New Director of Business Services for the School District of Menomonee Falls settling into new role
- School District of Menomonee Falls faces $1.1 million budget deficit in 2016-17
- Man guilty of sexually assaulting Menomonee Falls teenager forced into relationship with him
- Things To Do: Feb. 11, 2016
- Patio Players bring out the laughs in female 'Odd Couple'
- UPDATE: Nine crashes, 25 damaged vehicles reported in Feb. 9 crash on Highway 41 in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- School District of Menomonee Falls could lose administrative staff member Gary Kiltz to Greendale
- The Falls Guy, Feb. 11, 2016: Not quite Super