The Germantown Fire Department has been watering Fireman's Park for the past four days so the Fourth of July fireworks can go on as planned.
The fireworks will go off at dusk July 4. Fire Chief Gary Pollpeter said they will be watering the grass tonight, as well as the morning of July 4 in preparation for the show. The burn ban is still in effect for the village.
The annual Germantown parade starts at noon on Pilgrim and Mequon roads. The parade travels north on Pilgrim Road to Fond du Lac Avenue then to Main Street. The route then heads west on Main Street to Park Avenue, turns north on Park Avenue and ends at Freistadt Road near Firemen's Park.
The celebration continues throughout the afternoon and evening at the park.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stakeholders host public information meeting to discuss future of Germantown golf course land
- Falls police investigating armed bank robbery
- Overnight fire damages Menomonee Falls home
- Village adds acre to sewer service area
- Menomonee Falls Parkway, Megal Drive water main among notable 2013 projects
- Menomonee Falls manufacturer Ultra Tool plans expansion
- Kohl's to return $2M grant from Falls
- Germantown police investigating slew of overnight vehicle break-ins
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- Falls plans future of Woodland Prime after Kohl's backs out of development (3)