The Germantown Department of Public Works has declared a lawn watering ban effective immediately.
Residents are being asked to limit their water use by following an odd-even schedule. Residents with an odd address are asked to water their lawns only on odd days of the week. Even-numbered homes can water on even days until further notice.
The DPW also asks that residents on private wells voluntarily restrict lawn watering to conserve water resources that may be shared by neighbors.
The DPW has issued the ban due to extreme demand placed on the village's water system. These restrictions only apply to the watering of lawns. They do not apply to other outside uses such as tree or garden watering.
For information regarding the ban, call Germantown Department of Public Works at (262) 250-4721.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls opts not to offer new Chapter 220 seats, fewer open enrollment seats in 2015-16
- Menomonee Falls district doesn't change stance on the use of Common Core in reaction to Walker's off
- Man pleads not guilty to sexually assaulting a Menomonee Falls teenager
- Menomonee Falls Ponzi schemer strikes plea deal
- Ask Now: Too much goose use of Fox Brook Park?
- Kindergarten enrollment night set for Feb. 4
- Two suspects charged with passing fake $100 bills at Menomonee Falls Target
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Jan. 29, 2015
- Menomonee Falls district continues discussion on facilities options
- Two-day Menomonee Falls event to feature chili crawl, ice carving