The Germantown Department of Public Works has declared a lawn watering ban effective immediately.
Residents are being asked to limit their water use by following an odd-even schedule. Residents with an odd address are asked to water their lawns only on odd days of the week. Even-numbered homes can water on even days until further notice.
The DPW also asks that residents on private wells voluntarily restrict lawn watering to conserve water resources that may be shared by neighbors.
The DPW has issued the ban due to extreme demand placed on the village's water system. These restrictions only apply to the watering of lawns. They do not apply to other outside uses such as tree or garden watering.
For information regarding the ban, call Germantown Department of Public Works at (262) 250-4721.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wisconsin's first Pirtek USA location to open in Menomonee Falls
- Newman will not seek third term as Menomonee Falls Village Board president
- Menomonee Falls School District's lobbying efforts likely to conclude in January
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Dec. 11, 2014
- Four to be added to Menomonee Falls High School Wall of Recognition
- Menomonee Falls' Village Centre features variety of new business offerings
- 'Uberdork' opens arms to Menomonee Falls community
- Community Memorial Hospital seeks approval for major improvements
- Pilgrim Road reconstruction begins, to be completed next year