The Germantown Department of Public Works has declared a lawn watering ban effective immediately.
Residents are being asked to limit their water use by following an odd-even schedule. Residents with an odd address are asked to water their lawns only on odd days of the week. Even-numbered homes can water on even days until further notice.
The DPW also asks that residents on private wells voluntarily restrict lawn watering to conserve water resources that may be shared by neighbors.
The DPW has issued the ban due to extreme demand placed on the village's water system. These restrictions only apply to the watering of lawns. They do not apply to other outside uses such as tree or garden watering.
For information regarding the ban, call Germantown Department of Public Works at (262) 250-4721.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fall leaf pickup slated to begin mid-October in the Falls
- Chipotle in Menomonee Falls to open next month, employees needed
- Falls Guy, Oct. 8, 2015: Train-ing mission
- Tri-County Y nears first anniversary under Greater Waukesha umbrella
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Oct. 8, 2015
- Juvenile suspect apprehended by citizen after stealing vodka at Menomonee Falls Piggly Wiggly
- Reminder: responses needed to Falls School District Community Survey today, Oct. 5
- Robin's Nest to host Vera Bradley Ambassador Joan Bradley Reedy
- Menomonee Falls to consider allowing outdoor seating at Tornado Brewery
- Former professional fighter puts burglar in choke hold, keeps him knocked out until police arrive (1)