The Germantown Department of Public Works has declared a lawn watering ban effective immediately.
Residents are being asked to limit their water use by following an odd-even schedule. Residents with an odd address are asked to water their lawns only on odd days of the week. Even-numbered homes can water on even days until further notice.
The DPW also asks that residents on private wells voluntarily restrict lawn watering to conserve water resources that may be shared by neighbors.
The DPW has issued the ban due to extreme demand placed on the village's water system. These restrictions only apply to the watering of lawns. They do not apply to other outside uses such as tree or garden watering.
For information regarding the ban, call Germantown Department of Public Works at (262) 250-4721.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police report: April 23, 2015
- Menomonee Falls educators receive national awards
- Falls Village Board President steps down, highlights positives from tenure
- Imagination runs wild in Brookfield East's spring play, 'Twelfth Night'
- Menomonee Falls issues raze or repair order on site of March building collapse
- Menomonee Falls Tazino's remains open
- Pilgrim Road off-ramps in Menomonee Falls to close in both directions April 20
- Former Menomonee Falls village president welcomes grandson following tragic loss
- Bus shelters coming to Bluemound Road in Brookfield
- Update: 911 call reveals details of attempted carjacking in Menomonee Falls (1)